Pink Eye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
I have pink eye in both eyes, never had it before. Being in the military, I go into work this morning and then schedule a medical appointment to get it looked at. This is maybe the third time I've ever went to medical for anything in the nearly 16 years I've been in. (I rarely get sick.) The doctor mentions how contagious it is and gives me a SIQ (Sick in Quarters) Chit keeping me out of work until Friday morning. Three days off for some itchy, goopy eyes. I'll take it, even though I feel guilty in some respects because it's not like I'm dying or anything. Weird isn't it, that I dislike my job so much, but yet feel bad when I'm not there?

Now my big challenge is keeping my hands clean and keeping my kids away so they don't catch it.

I really don't need three days off as I have stuff I could be doing at work, but an order is an order. Unfortunately as usual, in the Navy you can't have a day off without work bothering you, and I've already received one phone call asking about something I have been working on. The people I have been working with were all on leave last week, and left the office early yesterday, and now they want me to try and finish up a project from home, WTF? Basically it's an inventory of various publications and hard-drives and I really don't want someone else in my office going through my items trying to help me out, so hopefully it can wait until Friday morning. Just bugs me that people aren't available, but expect me to be just because they are. It's a minor annoyance, but in the last few years every time I take leave or have a day off, I get at least one or two phone calls from work.

In the end though, it really works out well for me as my kids are all on spring break this week, and I can keep an eye on them while my wife works, which means the house shouldn't look like a storm hit when we get home.

Edit: Funny how the google ads at the bottom are linked to the title of this thread. I see ad for Conjunctivitis Facts, and Is your vision blurry.

every time someone mentions pink eye, I can't help but think of the movie knocked up and the pillow farting war....

My thread has been resurrected!!!

I wish there was something that I could get that was too contagious to work, but not contagious enough to brew!!!

every time someone mentions pink eye, I can't help but think of the movie knocked up and the pillow farting war....

or the southpark episode where cartman says that scott baio gave him pink eye

I don't know if you're hip to CBC's "Corner Gas." (I think it's now on American Cable as well)

The pink eye episode....

[youtube]QGFS-NNlIgs[/youtube]

"It's okay, she's a 'white eye.'"

Ahh yes- Pinkeye thats sweet

Dont feel bad for not being at work. I hate the ******** that come in anyway and make everyone else sick.

hmmm...pink eye, eh?

Doctor: Very interesting...
Mortician: What is it, doc?
Doctor: Well, your temperature is only 55 degrees, you have no pulse, no heartbeat, and your eyes are all puffy and sticky...
Mortician: Oh no! You mean...?
Doctor: Yeah, I'm afraid the two of you have pinkeye.
(The mortician and his assistant both gasp in horror.)
Doctor: I'd give you topical medicine, but I don't wanna touch you.
Assistant: Oh, I'm so hungry, and all I can think about eating is...brains!
Doctor: Yeah, well, for God's sake, don't touch your eyes. I'll prescribe some antibiotics.

It's a rare thing I get a day off and don't spend time taking calls from the office. It is also a rare thing for me to be able to stay home when I am sick. I don't like it, but it is something I have to deal with for the time being.:(

conjunctivitis_46740_lg.jpg

Back