What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanana

Reaction score
Still waiting but I'm sure they will be actually pretty good. Anyone else know if your getting anything good yet?

I shouldn't have, but I peeked at my wife's web history and saw that she's getting me "IPA" by Mitch Steele, and "Brewing Better Beer" by Gordon Strong. Plus I have a feeling there'll be a certificate that says "an afternoon without kids to brew" or the like.

She's an awesome lady. For my birthday, she painted me a picture of hops.

image-1452513399.jpg

Saw a box from Keg Connection that UPS had left on the porch. Hoping its a dual tap tower kit.

Got one early :) I was bottling off 3 partial kegs and my wife said "open this, you can use it". It was a bottling tree with vinerator sanitizer pump...I like it :)

Sweet on the vineator (auto correct and fat thumbs almost had me putting vibrator).

SWMBO and I just bought a house about 6 weeks ago. I was told that the garage was for brewing and bicycles only, no cars. Good enough gift for me. :)

(The house was our gift to each other this year)

Wort chiller for me. It came early, though, when I was looking through boxes for my brew notebook (we just moved) and I opened one to find the chiller. I casually closed the box and walked away, but see called me out minutes later asking if I had opened the box...

tonyolympia said:
I shouldn't have, but I peeked at my wife's web history and saw that she's getting me "IPA" by Mitch Steele, and "Brewing Better Beer" by Gordon Strong. Plus I have a feeling there'll be a certificate that says "an afternoon without kids to brew" or the like.

She's an awesome lady. For my birthday, she painted me a picture of hops.

Reading IPA right now. I have been enjoying it. Love the hop painting, too.

snaps10 said:
I was told the garage is for brewing and bicycles only, no cars.

My garage is pretty much chock full with just bikes and beer. I did leave some room in the driveway if anyone drives to my house, though.

I told her I would like some Amarillo hops, so I'm pretty sure she bought me a pound, and she dropped hints her parents bought me something homebrew related. Won't know for sure till Christmas with her parents.

My wife just gave me a new mash tun and a case of bombers of very good beers. Some 12/12/12/. Pierre Jacques, Double Jack, Wookey Jack, Laguntis, and my memory is fading from crackinginto the stash, but everything in the box was good.. My mash tun was a hand me down and pretty beat up, and she got one with a nice false bottom... good stuff.

Of course she likes my beer so encourages my brewing habit.

The wife got me these awesome new mugs w my logo on them. They're holding a breakfast stout

image-4070979603.jpg

My grandma bot me a 2000mL yeast starter kit and aunt got me an altbier kit. I also got glassware and I'm pretty sure my parents are getting me some stuff to go AG with. Im psyched.

I already got all my xmas presents..... but it was a VERY good xmas:

4 NEW kegs - 2 x 3 gallon and 2x 5 gallon
Pure Oxygen aeration set up
$100 northern brewer gift card
Wild Brews
For the Love of Hops
Glassware for behind the bar

I specifically ask for no gifts, from anyone, not because I'm a scrooge. Unless I say exactly what I want, they have no idea what to get me, and unless it's exactly what I want, I don't want it. So, I just get myself something when I need it.
To the men who have wives with the ability to buy brewing equipment: you are lucky guys.

pelipen said:
I specifically ask for no gifts, from anyone, not because I'm a scrooge. Unless I say exactly what I want, they have no idea what to get me, and unless it's exactly what I want, I don't want it. So, I just get myself something when I need it.
To the men who have wives with the ability to buy brewing equipment: you are lucky guys.

This

image-2998974297.jpg

Ill be honest, I peeked.

Im getting a 10 gallon pot to start an E-BIAB build with! Really psyched! Just working on my OH HELL YES face for tomorrow.

Seedly said:
Ill be honest, I peeked.

Im getting a 10 gallon pot to start an E-BIAB build with! Really psyched! Just working on my OH HELL YES face for tomorrow.

Yeah I did too and I'm getting a 10 gallon igloo cooler.

This year Santa obviously listened to my pleas because I got just what I have been dropping hints about since October.

Large sack of Maris Otter, smaller bag of black patent malt, new 35L kettle, East Kent Goldings and Atlas hops, assorted yeasts and lots of gift vouchers for the Home Brew Store.

My 7 year old was all excited with her Furby but I think I was more giddy with a big sack of barley.

Happy Christmas all!

I got a refractometer and a membership to the AHA that came with Brewing Better Beer. Also got the go ahead to start an electric system and not have to use all of my bonus from work, so a mill may be in the future.

Radical Brewing - Randy Mosher

Turkey Fryer with 30-qt aluminum pot

American flag bottle caps (two gross!)

not brewing related, but BigHair Santa also brought me:

IMG_7464 (2).jpg

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Back