Moving beer to Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lestershy

Reaction score
I'm moving to Seattle (from St. Louis) and am super excited about it. The problem is that I've been a busy brewer and have three 5 gallon batches of beer conditioning in bottles right now (about 6 cases of beer) plus some things I've been aging. I don't want to leave it all behind, I realize that I probably won't be able to fit it all but I do want to take some of it with me.

My question is, does anyone know of laws that might prohibit transferring homebrew across the country? I was planning on shipping my belongings or using the U-haul shipping containers. Has anyone else gone through something like this?

If you're movingin a u-haul, pack it up nice and tight, throw it in the truck and be on your merry way! You're most likely not going to be stopped by the cops, and even less likely to be searched, and even less likely to have to open every box in front of somebody, it just doesn't happen.

I am sure that it is not legal. It is also not legal for me to give a bottle to a friend of mine to drink in their domicile. Just pack it up and drive. I am sure that you've done much greater things that are illegal. We are talking about a couple of gallons of beer that YOU made for YOU to drink. This isn't smokey and the bandidt.

Back