flip top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diaperload

Reaction score
I'm a new brewer. I've been doing extract batches and bottling with Grolsch bottles. I have a few cases now but I'm getting tired of drinking the Grolsch. So I did some craigslist searches and found a garage sale. I ended up getting 32 bottles for 20 bucks. The majority of them will need new gaskets but all the bottles were clean with just a bit of dust.

Did I get a decent deal?

Yes, that's a great deal and you can get a bag of seals cheaply too. We use swingtops all the time, fischer has some also but I believe they are 20oz? Just keep in mind if you want to enter a brew in a contest most of them don't take swingtops.

Just remember Grolsch aren't the only ones in flip tops. Many German brews come with them too. Hopefully your local beer store will carry some. Great way to try different beers and get bottles.

Fortunatly for me, the Grolsch is selling in grossery store here.

I did 3 stores at the beginning of my brew passion and get about 90 grolsch bottle from different years of production(grolsch never try to get there bottles back arround here so the store are stuck with them like forever) in different state of cleanness for about 9$ (10 cent/bottle).

when I was in Germany, EVERY Beer had a swing top to it. I bought 2 cases of a killer wheat beer, in .5L bottles, and brought them home to use.

makes bottling a 5 gallon batch go much faster.

...but it also makes consumption of said batch go faster too!

Latest posts

Back