Gross...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since I learned in biology about lactase, the enzyme that breaks lactose into glucose, I have wondered about fermenting milk.

I have to try this, hoppy goat's milk with a peppery german yeast strain has to be good.

Brewsmith said:
I think Bilk is the sound I'll make when I'm vomiting it up.

Haha!

I hate milk, so I can't imagine that this could be anything but vile. Some things just should not be mixed together and beer and milk are two things that I think should not even be in the same sentence, let along in the same beverage.

Yooper Chick said:
Haha!

I hate milk, so I can't imagine that this could be anything but vile. Some things just should not be mixed together and beer and milk are two things that I think should not even be in the same sentence, let along in the same beverage.

I've done it. Not bad.
This is especially true, if I'm too lazy to rinse out the glass.

I wanted to make a beer that tasted like cereal... maybe there's a better way... I'll pour bilk over my cereal... mmm that's got to be some tasty milk... I'd try it...

think of the possibilities... Bilk pudding... Bilk chocolate... Bilk Chowder...

I read in a book that fermented mare's milk was a delicacy somewhere in the far east. Mongolia perhaps? On the bright side, at least it wouldn't taste much different coming back up.

Yooper Chick said:
Haha!

I love milk and I think it would be vile.

milk-beer.jpg

This is an interesting adjunct. I dunno if I'd personally like it but hey whatever floats your boat I guess. Can't say I blame him for trying to use local ingredients though.

If you have ever had Irish Cream, Bailey's and what not, then this isn't that much different. Instead of heavy cream and whiskey, it's beer and milk.

Haven't found it yet on the shelves at the local bottle shop here in Tokyo. But even if I did I wouldn't buy one except to give to someone as an act of revenge. Yes, it's true. The Japanese love to experiment with foods and drinks and come up with all kinds of disgusting products.... really disgusting.

Somewhere in the fog of my head I seem to recall a Vodka that is made from milk. I believe it is produced locally here in Vermont (U.S.). Of course they also make maple sap vodka up here. That sounds much more appealing...

Back