Favorite online suppliers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippie

Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my equipment, and was wondering if people had fav. suppliers online?

I really like morebeer.com they have competitive prices and they happen to be an hour away. They also have great people working there. The retail store manager is Jon Plise, he was recently named Sierra Nevada's 2006 Homebrewer of the Year.

I'd say that there are really only three big players that have the full range of products for brewing - Midwest, Northern and MoreBeer. Of the three, I've found that Midwest consistently has the best prices.

For kits, I'd add AHS to the list - they've really got an excellent selection.

Forget Morebeer. I was a customer, but now their customer service stinks - they don't respond to questions. Pretty much means they don't want my business.

Austin is good; ordered from them and received it quickly. Just placed a large equipment order from Williams; so far they seem pretty good too.

Never had a complaint about morebeer or northern, but bothe are west of the Missisip.

Hippie is east coast. Someone make a rec that would cut down on his shipping time.

Bigfoot99 said:
Forget Morebeer. I was a customer, but now their customer service stinks - they don't respond to questions. Pretty much means they don't want my business.

Im going to have to disagree there. There was only once when an order got screwed, and they were more than happy to correct the issue at no cost to me. Their shipping speed sucks, but other than that I will continue to do business with them

I have had the most consistant good luck with Williams. Northern Brewer has better prices and more equipment and a better selection of hops, but I have to say I have had consistantly bad luck with their pre-crushed grains. I lose about 15% efficiency...

I am also about to do an upgrade of equipment (mash-tun and kettle).

Thanks guys...
Right now I have more time than money, so waiting wins over more cash. My Mommy had just asked me recently what I wanted Santa to bring me:p , and Brewing Supplies came to mind:rockin: I'm thinking of getting kegging gear, or else AG gear:mug:
Later, Hippie

PS. plus probably an upgrade here;)

My MIL asked what I want for Birthday/Christmas and my wife immediately said...

"Just get him a gift certificate for 'that beer store'"

I've had good service from the half dozen on-line outfits i've ordered from so far.I thought Northern had the best prices but for shipping reasons i'm gonna stay with AustinHS for heavy grain orders.I just recently received 160# of grain from them and it still only cost 5.99 to ship to Seattle.That's 1000's of miles for less than .04 per lb!Although it cost me 50$ more to barge from Seattle to my place,it was still a heck of a deal for me.Mailing kits even at parcel post prices was costing 1$ a lb.AHS's prices weren't too far off the mark either.UPS or Fedex aren't even an option where i live.Good luck!
Cheers:mug:
Brewing right now!-AmberAlert(AG)
P1-Schwheat!
P2-Standing by
P3-SwirlyPearlyWheat
S1-DeerBrownAle
S2-IslandPaleAle
Bottled/Aging-Can.Ale,Diabolo,NewYearsSpiceAle
Bottled/Drinking-Dunkelweisen

I'd go with northern brewer had no problems with them. I tried morebeer once but it took nearly 3 week for them to process my order...

Again, Thanks for the info, now I'm going through and "wish list"ing so I can let the folks suprise me... It's all their fault anyways, I get the boozing gene from her side, and they bought me my kit years ago, now it needs an upgrade ;)

I try to stay local for ingredients, so for me thats Alternative Beverages in NC and The Grape And Granary in Ohio. Ive gotten big ticket items from Northern Brewer (Mash/Lauter Tun) with no problems.

Again, I'd recommend Hops and Dreams at brewbyu.com. It's not one of the big mainstream places but their prices are incredible (how's $8 for 3lbs of Munton's Wheat DME sound?) and I've made two orders with them so far. All items come in individual vaccuum packed bags. Pretty nice.

Morebeer was a tiny bit faster getting to me but their prices aren't that great and they left out one of my items when they packed. Sure, they made good on it but I had to wait another 5 days and it was sanitizer so I was halted.

I tried Austin for two kits so far and I can't complain. Fast shipping but a little more pricy.

I've been pretty happy with www.leisure-time.com prices are pretty cheap and they only charge shipping what UPS charges. They don't carry every single thing, but enough. Their prices on Brewer's Best kits are absolutely untouchable, period.

Latest posts

Back