Keg Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undy36

Reaction score
Apologize if this has been answered already but I just brewed my first 10 gallon batch and ready to keg. I will be force carbonating the one keg and I would like to set the other aside until the other is empty. I do have room in the fridge so am I best off purging with CO2 and then disconnecting or do I need to hold it at say 10psi? Thanks for the help!

Just keg both as usual (clean, sanitized, and Co2 purged) and leave the other keg to age at room temp. Keep it in the coolest part of the house. Just hit it with 12 PSI every now and then till you consume the first keg, then chill, and carb again.

The second keg may be better than the first.

Try to keep the keg at 70*F or less. 60*F is even better.

I managed to squeeze 2 kegs of Hefe into my fermentation chiller with a BB of Bock, and my portable CO2 rig. So, the Hefe is carbing at a nice 50*F.

I am about to "age" a keg too... So purge it, set it at about 10-12 psi, then disconnect and put it in the cool part of basement, correct?

It won't be carbed after that, right? I think you would have to keep it on the gas at 10psi.

Back