Competition in Vancouver, BC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorryWort

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm starting a competition here in Vancouver with the help of a local association (which I'm now apart of, I suppose). Beers are due April 16th and there will be a little party during the week of May 10-16. The event will be part of the inaugural "Vancouver Craft Beer Week"

Check it out if you live up here. It won't be BJCP "Certified", but it will be based on that format with Pro Brewers as judges.

www.vanbrewerawards.com

Cheers!

If you'll have any BJCP judges (and there must be some in Vancouver) you should seek BJCP sanctioning so they can get experience points. You don't have to have all BJCP judges in order to have the competition sanctioned.

Strangely enough, Vancouver has no active BJCP judges (I just checked a recent roll sheet.)

Glad to hear Van has a club going again. Did you guys see this announcement:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/co...eadline-12-feb-10-a-152541/?highlight=cowtown

Maybe we can arrange some reciprocal entries.

Yeh there's a few guys that may roll through town. Ones' in Port Coquitlam which is right next to the town I live in. Pretty close to Van.

I am probably entering the cowtown, if I get time to bottle and ship. I'm a bit overwhelmed having bitten this comp off though! (Plus job, side-company, actually brewing, etc....)

I could really use some help if you want to contact me! Shoot me a DM and maybe we can chat.

Thanks,

Adam

Back