Candy Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
i just found candy sugar here in the german stores, dark and white. maybe this is a better option to priming than brown sugar. is there any guide that can tell me about this. i know you guys are getting tired of my priming questions, but i have a batch that needs to be bottled and i don't have any corn sugar. i'm just looking at all options before i bottle so i don't ruin it. i just have no idea how much to put in. the candy sugar i found is in little shaped lumps. any ideas????

btw, i'll be buying about 10 boxes of both colors so i can use them in later brews!!!!! :D

i don't have any. i'd use that in a heartbeat if i had some. i'm looking at off the shelf store options of priming. i figured candy sugar would be the best off the shelf option

justbrewit said:
i just have no idea how much to put in. the candy sugar i found is in little shaped lumps. any ideas????
btw, i'll be buying about 10 boxes of both colors so i can use them in later brews!!!!! :D
I use ⅓ cup of Candi Sugar along with ½ cup of Corn Sugar or just ½ cup of Candi Sugar for each 5 gallon batch of Belgian Ale. These I boil for 10 minutes in 2 cups of water.

I hope this helped. Good luck,
Wild

Latest posts

Back