Fall weddings in Albany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlarnold

Reaction score
At the end of this coming september I'm gonna be headed to New York for my cousins wedding. At her sisters it was all liquor which is fine I have no problem with that but since having my eyes opened by the hobby I dont think I'll be able to last without a good beer to drink while there. What Im wondering is what micros are there in the area and what should I be looking for? Also, what HBS are in the area? Any culture I should look for while I'm there? If I end up being SOL, how should I get some of mine up there?

Brown's in Troy (just north of Albany), is my hands down favorite brewpub ever. If you have a rental, and time, there are plenty more not far. I wouldn't leave the area without going to Ommegang.

Not real sure where all I'll be but I think we are only going to be there for about 3 days, fly out thursday and back sunday. Wheres Ommegang?

I second the recommendation for Brown's in Troy and Ommegang down in Cooperstown. Unsure of how far you're looking to travel, here are a couple other recommendations in the area:

* Albany Pump Station (downtown Albany)
* Cooperstown Brewing (a small brewery just a few miles from Ommegang)
* Davidson Brewing (Glens Falls)
* Adirondack Brewing (Lake George)

Adirondack Brewing (Lake George)

When are they open!?!

I've tried twice to go there, once in December and once around the first week of October. Both times, the place looked completely shut down, even though the website and phone both listed hours and days that they were open. Do they have a spotty record of showing up fo work? I'm heading up that way again the second week of June, so hopefully this time I can get in for some brews.

When are they open!?!

I've tried twice to go there, once in December and once around the first week of October. Both times, the place looked completely shut down, even though the website and phone both listed hours and days that they were open. Do they have a spotty record of showing up fo work? I'm heading up that way again the second week of June, so hopefully this time I can get in for some brews.

We've only been there during the summer months, and it's usually for a late lunch and beers after walking around Lake George. We've only had one issue with the staff there, and the manager offered us a free filled growler for our troubles.

We have a local guy just starting out about 25 miles south of Albany in Athens NY. Will be fully open very soon. Good people and good beer....

http://www.crossroadsbrewingco.com/Beers.html

Told you they are good people and GOOD beer. They were named Best Craft Brewery in the Hudson Valley at the TAP New York beer and food festival last weekend at Hunter Mountain. Pub should be open in a couple of weeks !!!

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Crossroads-brews-good-taste-1362698.php#ixzz1LKajLExH

Back