The weirdest thing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whelk

Reaction score
So I went down to check on my stout (one week in the bottles) and I was reorganizing the bottles on a shelf when I realized one of the bottles had this foam gunk on the neck. When I poked it, it was all hardened--but other than that, looked like beer foam. I took out the bottle and realized that a nearly perfect tear-shaped hole had been punched in the bottle. Surprisingly, beer wasn't everywhere--just about a gulp-sized amount that was where the hole was. I found the piece of glass, perfectly whole. Now, what the hell could punch a perfect hole like that? It couldn't have been bottling too early, then all the beer would have exploded everywhere. I guess I could have bumped it when I was bottling, but then it seems like the glass would have been broken in, not out. Oh well, life's a mystery. At least I only lost one bottle!

Whelk said:
Oh well, life's a mystery. At least I only lost one bottle!

Somewhere there's a seriously drunken alien. Even they know the power of homebrew. :D

(seriously, that's weird, some sort of fault in the bottle I guess...)

Ize

I work in the Auto industry. They have been hit pretty hard over the last several years. So in an attempt to reduce costs and return the company to profitable status, regain market share, and to be able to survive in a very competative industry, We must all work as a Lean manufacturingTeam.
Thats the companys version of it.
Most employees look at it as: The corporate GREED at upper managment levels is so high that they'll stop at nothing to get another multi million dollar bonus. All at the expence of the employees.

drummer3 said:
I work in the Auto industry. They have been hit pretty hard over the last several years. So in an attempt to reduce costs and return the company to profitable status, regain market share, and to be able to survive in a very competative industry, We must all work as a Lean manufacturingTeam.
Thats the companys version of it.
Most employees look at it as: The corporate GREED at upper managment levels is so high that they'll stop at nothing to get another multi million dollar bonus. All at the expence of the employees.

Sadly it has become the norm in the USA..:(

Back