Can't find a vibrating football game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justins2582

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a version of Dogfish's 90 min IPA but have no clue how to "continuously hop" the boil. Do I simply add the pellets one-by-one at a certain rate throughout the boil? If so, what is that rate?

Still searching Craigslist for one of those vibrating football games in the meantime...:cross:

I'm trying to come up with a version of Dogfish's 90 min IPA but have no clue how to "continuously hop" the boil. Do I simply add the pellets one-by-one at a certain rate throughout the boil? If so, what is that rate?

Still searching Craigslist for one of those vibrating football games in the meantime...:cross:

I think it was the cybi 120 minute show they talked about a strategy. Basically, they took all the hops and made an addition every 3 minutes I think it was. I love the converter football machine idea(was it the sir hops'o'lot?)

Clearly, the only way to do it, is to count all of the hop pellet and divide by number of seconds, and add 'em at that interval. :D

I've heard of people getting thos small paper cup mouthwash containers and dividing up between those so they're adding every few minutes...

I did every 2 mins for something similar. Just divide each 10min worth of additions (ie. 30-20min) into 5 segments on a plate.

The "can you brew it" show tried to duplicate the 120, but did not succeed. (Close but no cigar). They took the three oz's of three hops (amarillo simcoe warrior) like dogfish does and mixed them in equal portions in small cups, then had a dosing every three minutes of the 120 minute boil so your talking about 9 oz's divided by 40 doses. 6.3 grams per dose

Heres a link that will take you to the directions and the shows link
http://www.homebrewchef.com/120minuteIPArecipe.html

There's a couple designs on here from a couple years ago for doing it, if folks can dig up all manner of dead threads I'm sure you can, they're prolly in the DIY section. But folks have rigged stuff up.

But have you tried ebay?

Just duct-tape your wife's vibrator to the bottom of a small cookie sheet. Some of the fancy ones even have remote control!

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!!!!

Someone should contact this guy who I immortalized in the quote's thread.

Thanks for the link, Revvy. After reviewing that, I'm confident that stir plates are the way to go! Although I'd still like to find a way to use sex toys in brewing.

How about attaching a tray or sheet of plywood or something to a random orbital sander? Although I think the vibrator is the sexier option.

Back