New Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King of Cascade

Reaction score
Could anyone point me in the direction of a homebrew swap. I've read some threads on it but it was after the fact. I have been brewing for a while and would like to get some feed back as well as give some feed back. I know its getting hot so maybe a more localized swap would be best. I live in the midwest.

We do several open swaps each year and our last was in March.

It's getting near time for another but nothing has been organized yet. Just stay tuned and one will probably get going again here before too long.

If you have a local HB club in your area, that's another good place to start for exchanging beers, recipes and brewing ideas.

biermuncher forgot to mention that the swaps are generally limited to paying members to protect the admin and to ensure that there is some accountability from person to person cause your address is getting swapped to:mug:. just another reason to pony up the $20 for a membership:mug:

You can also do a private swap if you'd like. Find someone on the forum who would be willing to do a swap with you and give you feedback on your beer. I've done that a couple of times.

You could start a thread asking about it- but of course there is some risk involved giving out your name and address. There would have to be some level of trust.

it is illegal to get beer in the mail by any method in MA so I am not really worried about the legality, but I was planing on sending it Fedex. I was more concerned with what you wrapped the bottle in.

I wrap each bottle in bubble wrap, then put two wrapped bottles in a 1 gallon ziplock (to contain any leakage in case of a break).

I had a package that was delayed in delivery to me because of a broken bottle ( a soggy box that smelled strongly of hops because of it)

Any interest in doing another "themed" swap? Those kind of failed to take off... Or do you think the next will be another open swap? HB only / commercial only / or both? :)

Back