Beer Wedding gift - Need New Orlean's Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgauthier20420

Reaction score
I'm a home brewer currently living in Chicago. However, I'm from New Orleans.

To get right into it, my younger brother is getting married in June 2014, and he enjoys beer....much as we do. I am his best man for the amazing event. Since we've moved to our home in Chicago 2 years ago, he has not been able to make a trip up here and has never tasted my beer. Beer that my dad has labeled "a good *&*& beer". He has also informed me that the reception hall for their wedding has told him to bring in anything he wants them to serve during the party. As part of a wedding gift, I'd like to brew him something like 15 gallons of beer, but being so far away I can't exactly pack my kegs and equipment and bring it down there. Also, shipping 15 gallons of beer wouldn't go to well as I'd rather not risk oxidation, spillage, or breakage. Plus, it's pretty cost prohibitive.

I'm asking for help from a home brewer in New Orleans. I would of course handle costs of supplies and what not. I'm also planning an additional 5 gallons for whoever is able to help me with this request. Of course, I don't want to monopolize someone's buckets/kegs/whatever that doesn't have them to spare. I think it would be a great chance for me to meet some fellow brewers from my home city and also have a great gift for my brother at his wedding.

If your able to help, please either PM or respond here. Thanks in advance to all my fellow brewers in the NO.

Hey I'm from Baton Rouge. What styles are we talking here. I've brewed for a wedding before. It is alot of pressure. Let me know what all would be involved.

I'm in New Orleans and willing to help, if I can. I read your post several times and I am still not sure what you are asking for. Maybe I missed something.

I'm in New Orleans and willing to help, if I can. I read your post several times and I am still not sure what you are asking for. Maybe I missed something.

Sorry if it was confusing and poorly worded. I have a problem of talking in my head as I type, and then words don't make it down :drunk:.

Here's the jist though: I need somewhere to brew approx 15 gallons of beer. I'd like to have 3 kegs to bring to my brother's wedding reception. I'm in Chicago, so I can't bring anything down as far as fermentation goes, so I'd need to borrow fermentors and air locks and such. I'm going to be down there for Mardi Gras, so I'm thinking a day during that trip will work best. I'll be able to bring kegs down with me to carbonate in, but I'll need help transferring to them once the beer is fermented and then we can naturally carb the kegs instead of using CO2. I can't fly back just to transfer the beer so.

I'm looking at a session IPA. It depends on your efficiency and equipment how we'd get the 15 gallons. I'm cool with doing 2 batches. I'm also more than happy about including 5 gallons for the assistant brewer. I'm glad I'm getting some feedback on this because it's really important to me to try and get this done.

Thanks guys!

Back