Need help with a shank nut size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I bought a new two tap tower and it came with 4 feet beer line. I want to switch it out with 10 feet of line. To do that I need to take the shanks off the tower but I don't have a wrench big enough to remove the nuts on the shanks. Anybody know what size wrench will work?

I don't have a tower but I've got taps on my fridge, the shank nut size on them is 1-1/16" but I'm really not sure they are the same nuts. 12" adjustable works well on them though! lol
good luck

I hear there's 1-1/16th and a regular 1 inch nut. I have two elbow shanks from different manufacturers, bought years apart, and they both use 1-1/16th.

Saw/dremel a quarter of a round wrench (errr...terrible description...) and you can slip it over the lines to unscrew/screw while everything's attached.

I don't have room in my tower to fit a regular wrench in there.

Thanks guys but I need an open end wrench. There is no way to slip a wrench over the tubing, and I tries an adjustable wrench. It didn't work.

Guess I'll head over to Harbor Freight and see what they have.

Yep there you go, same as me. I bought an $11 1-1/16th open end wrench and dremel'd off 1/4 of it on the side, allowing me to slip it over the tubing. Found the idea for that on HBT somewhere, think it might be a common problem :)

Get the cheapest weakest metal wrench you can find, dollar store style...even that $11 wrench was ridiculously hard to cut.

Back