What Equipment is needed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
Hi All, I have not ventured into the all grain brewing yet, however I am getting ambitious. Can someone give me a list of equipment needed or perhaps a web page that can tell me what I need to get and how to do it?

Thanks!

Joe:mug:

Welcome to the wonderful world of allgrain. I have been brewing all grain for a while now and if there has been a mistake to be made I have made it. You will find as I did some information you find will be differant than other information. There is a whole bunch of free info out there just do a google search on all grain brewing. it sounds much more difficult than it is.

You can get pretty into depth with all grain brewing as far as water PH Water salts, sparging methods, oversparging problems and so on and so on. You can save some $$ by making your own mash tunn, and I find that I really love the batch sparge method. But anyway thats really all you need is a mash tunn if you already extract brew, and there is a few tricks you'll learn along the way. This forum is great, I have learned a whole lot, plus I joined a brew club with allot of great brewers that has helped me also. I'd be glad to help ya get going. I have made allot of great beer just using RO water with no salt additions and no PH adjustments. Dont make it too complitcated. Good luck. Just do a google search for allgrain info,

all in all your going to need some patience and the willingness to learn on a daily bassis. you have come to the right place for the ladder of the two
cheers and good luck! its very rewarding
JJ

Back