What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
I will drink to that! :mug:
I'll drink to it too.
But probably only one more. Unlike CT, I can hunt tomorrow here. :D
I'm hoping to bag a doe. Tomorrow is the last day I can.

Ridire said:
Drinking some Wee Heavy from Sam Adams that I bought quite some time ago. It seems to have mellowed over time.

It does. I bought their Imperial Stout, Double Bock and the Wee Heavy. Didn't really care for them so I just forgot about them for a couple years. After that time they were actually really good.

nukebrewer said:
Thanks! I want to try it again myself, but I just noticed the other day that I am actually starting get a little low and I want to have quite a bit left when it hits a year old. So I'll be refraining from having another until maybe Christmas or so. Why the hell are you embarrassed about your pumpkin? This is a damn fine beer and honestly, if I ordered this at a bar or restaurant I wouldn't bat an eye about whether it should be there or not. You don't give yourself enough credit. From what I've tried of your brews, you're a damn fine brewer. :)
Holy crap, that's pretty awesome of you to say. I mean that quite humbly.

It does. I bought their Imperial Stout, Double Bock and the Wee Heavy. Didn't really care for them so I just forgot about them for a couple years. After that time they were actually really good.

I admit to being a beer sissy. "Imperial" anything, I typically do not like. I bought a 4 pack of this Wee Heavy around a year ago. The first one was undrinkable (fresh). The second (a few months later) was OK. This is #3 and it is not bad...I may even drink #4 tonight.

I had a 6er of Bell's Expedition Stout and I'm not too proud to say it was too much beer for me. Would that mellow, too, if given several months?

Any Robert Randolph fans on HBT?

A couple Beooklyn Blasts so far.

image-1256477954.jpg

Ridire said:
I admit to being a beer sissy. "Imperial" anything, I typically do not like. I bought a 4 pack of this Wee Heavy around a year ago. The first one was undrinkable (fresh). The second (a few months later) was OK. This is #3 and it is not bad...I may even drink #4 tonight.

I had a 6er of Bell's Expedition Stout and I'm not too proud to say it was too much beer for me. Would that mellow, too, if given several months?

I don't have much experience with that particular beer. I've only had it once and it was years ago. But it doesn't hurt to put them away and try one again in a few months or a year.

Holy crap, that's pretty awesome of you to say. I mean that quite humbly.

Just making sure I give credit where credit is due, and credit is certainly due. :)

Stauff's 2013 Dust Devil IIPA. Freaking fantastic, bro! Even better than 2012. I'm getting a lot of hoppy fruitiness in this one. I'm just guessing here, but I feel like there's quite a bit of Amarillo and Simcoe in here. Is that even close? Either way, great beer. I'm stoked that I have another one in the fridge.

Magic hat/VT pub and brewery Steven sour

Long trail limbo ipa

Lawson's finest triple play ipa

Gotta love trips to Vermont. All quality brews

I bought this on a whim and recommendation at the bottle shop. Another vanilla stout and alone it is good but I can't taste the vanilla. Next to buffalo sweat, it pales. I need to find a line to buffalo sweat now. I'm hooked.

image-4138521122.jpg

Had a Tasmainian from Shlafaly and later a Founders Harvest. Besides aroma I think Im going for the Founders Harvest this year and I think they are pretty similar in abv and maltbills to compare. Tasmainan has a way better aroma though-much stronger/vivid and noticed some mintiness not previously noted it had with the superjuicy fruit this time. I hate when I have a great seasonal type beer that Im gung ho about then and come to find in following years it lacks that thrill I once had with it. Maybe all the good beer I drink just jacks my palate all up. Or just maybe hops are not consistantly exactly the same like that tripple hopped miller lite is.

Stauff's 2013 Dust Devil IIPA. Freaking fantastic, bro! Even better than 2012. I'm getting a lot of hoppy fruitiness in this one. I'm just guessing here, but I feel like there's quite a bit of Amarillo and Simcoe in here. Is that even close? Either way, great beer. I'm stoked that I have another one in the fridge.

Thanks bro! Cheers!

I'm drinking a Victory at Sea. At first I wasn't getting much coffee or vanilla, but the flavors are coming out more as it warms. Really good stuff!

IMG-20131130-00525 (2).jpg

Still trying to kill the keg.

image-3637477375.jpg

While my wife tries to find the burned out light...

Tigers vs tigers in SEC - it was a good day...

Thanks bro! Cheers!

I'm drinking a Victory at Sea. At first I wasn't getting much coffee or vanilla, but the flavors are coming out more as it warms. Really good stuff!

That's an awesome beer. Ballast Point needs to do a BA version.

*edit* GOOGLE tells me they already have. They need to do one the next time I'm in San Diego.

Nope. You should probably send to me for disposal. ;)

mhurst111 said:
Still trying to kill the keg. While my wife tries to find the burned out light... Tigers vs tigers in SEC - it was a good day...
I'd keep drinking then. Trying to find a burned out light has ended lives in some homes. Haha

You think that will benefit from aging? I've got four in the cellar and am leaning toward giving them some time.

How is the triple blonde ale? i need to ask because i am a fan of troegs but haven't seen their triple blonde! im sucking down this cider i made when apple juice was a dollar a half gallon.

How is the triple blonde ale? i need to ask because i am a fan of troegs but haven't seen their triple blonde! im sucking down this cider i made when apple juice was a dollar a half gallon.

Don't know - haven't opened one yet. I was asking ColdCrash if it would benefit from aging since he's been working through a case lately.

Back