7/25/2009 Michigan Summer Beer Festival!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ypsilanti, Michigan. This Friday and Saturday! 300 beers at least. This has been going on for years and they know what they are doing! Past few years more regular beer drinkers have shown up, but we are talking tons of high quality Michigan made beer to sample!

Unfortunately, I am committed to attending some church outings with the family, so I'll have to skip it, but after attending the Winter beer festival, I can only imagine how awesome this is gonna be! (and cry while I'm canoeing down the river with the pastor...)

We aren't going to make it -- wish I'd heard about it sooner -- but it sounds awesome!

Not to thread hijack, but there is also another beer festival in Traverse City, Michigan August 29.

I'll be going as well as a lot of other friends / fellow homebrewers. If anyone ends up this way, please give me a holler!

Not to thread hijack, but there is also another beer festival in Traverse City, Michigan August 29.

I'll be going as well as a lot of other friends / fellow homebrewers. If anyone ends up this way, please give me a holler!

Oh, dammit! Not another one! :drunk:

I know I have something going on that day, but I just can't remember.

Sooooooo how was it? Think I'll have to mark it on the calendar for next year, sounds like a good time.

Oh, dammit! Not another one! :drunk:

I know I have something going on that day, but I just can't remember.
homer, when dont you have something going on?
Sooooooo how was it? Think I'll have to mark it on the calendar for next year, sounds like a good time.

it was a pretty good day just think i'm going to go ahead and upgrade to enthusiast status which lets you getin an hour early and beat the damn crowd. this lets you finish a whole tent before the public gates open and its 25 for the year and good for all 3 festivals they sponsor.

new for this year is a harvest festival on 24th oct at the eastern market in detroit.

homer, when dont you have something going on?

Yeah, I keep askign myself that same question. Turns out we are camping with the in-laws, including my BIL and his family and my wife's aunt and her family down near Mt. Pleasant.

It wouldn't be polite to say that I'd rather go to TC and enjoy a beer and music festival that looks amazing.

Actually, tonight I am going to try and play some WoW, but we'll see how it goes. I just need to put away the brewing stuff... Ooops, I should bottle some of the blonde for the HBT competition first...

And I'm looking very forward to brewing up my first batch of AG Witbier. I have no idea when I can do that, but I'm hoping to line up the weekend we're camping. I brewed the last time we went camping and it turned out OK. This time I'll bring a swamp cooler too...

Scratch that. It's too far from now. I was supposed to go camping this weekend but the MIL did not get the reservations, so my wife told her to forget it this time. I think we are just going to hang around the house and maybe do some community work with the church.

Anyway, did anyone go to the guild summer fest? I am wondering if it's getting too large or not.

Back