Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PseudoChef said:
What location you going to be, cad? Way out there yonder?

Yep, way out in Sycamore/Dekalb. 45 gallon system with 110G fermenters, waiting on location buildout to finish.

allthingsgiant & eddiewax, when are you guys picking up your stuff? Check your PMs and let me know. Thanks.

starman said:
Cool. Will you have a taproom? I used to end up in that area all the time on the bike...

900 sqft taproom in the buildout. We are incredibly fortunate to have a building owner willing to work with us on buildout and expansion opportunities, so we've got 2400 sqft to start with another 4000 available and another 10k in a building in the same parking lot that is going up this fall.

Where the heck is this gonna be. All I remember was cornfields, the speedway with attached bar, and a bunch of small bars on route 64, oh and the prarie path.

johns said:
Where the heck is this gonna be. All I remember was cornfields, the speedway with attached bar, and a bunch of small bars on route 64, oh and the prarie path.

Sycamore/Dekalb border, just off Peace Road near the HyVee.

there is one bag left to be picked up. allthingsgiant, please contact me before I inadvertantly brew with your grains. :)

aside from one single sack of grain that needs to be picked up, this buy is over. Overall, things went well. There were some mix ups with the splits but nothing to serious. The database made the ordering process easy and error free. What you guys requested was exactly what I ordered and was exactly was shipped at least quantity wise. They had to make a few substitutions from Canadian Pale to Canadian Pilsen, some wheat was substituted also. But at least the quantities were correct, including on non grain items. There were also a few items, namely chemicals, that were not shipped due to them being out of stock. If you paid for an item and did not receive you should have been refunded by now. If you are owed a refund and have not received it please PM or email me. As usual, I want to thank Ghoti, Neopol, Starman, wagz and a newcomer sarajevskopivo (we just call him Auggie) for all of their help in this buy, especially the splits. We ordered over 15,000 lbs of glorious grain and about 3,000 lbs of it were splits. These guys and a few of their better halves helped split everything which was no easy task. Also thank you for all of the beer that was dropped off. It is greatly appreciated.

One final comment for you guys...when should we start Group Buy in Chicago #8? :D

If you are owed a refund and have not received it please PM or email me. .

One final comment for you guys...when should we start Group Buy in Chicago #8? :D

I believe that my pbw refund has not yet come, but work at your own leisure. I see you're busy with group buy #8 already, so that money will be coming back to ya anyways!

Thank you guys for all that you do with these group buys. Wagz thank you for the rice hulls I owe ya next time send me a pm for the next group buy I will repay my debt.

scotty77 said:
Thank you guys for all that you do with these group buys. Wagz thank you for the rice hulls I owe ya next time send me a pm for the next group buy I will repay my debt.

No problem I only ordered them because 10# was $4. So if they didn't go to you they may have been used as kindling. 5# will last me a lifetime

If you have questions ask on this thread and either myself or others will be happy to answer your questions.
11.jpg

who the hell are you?

Completely iced out on DLD tix this year. First time in the last four years. The luck of the Irish not with me today. Course, I'm not Irish...

This is my first year, not sure if the pro's will outway the cons..but I'm looking forward to it. Don't know much about bottle shares at events like this, but may get involved in that mess as well.

ThirstT said:
This is my first year, not sure if the pro's will outway the cons..but I'm looking forward to it. Don't know much about bottle shares at events like this, but may get involved in that mess as well.

The only con I see is that you will have to restrain yourself from buying allthethings.

The only con I see is that you will have to restrain yourself from buying allthethings.

I'll make sure to only bring someofthemoney, as to avoid said disaster! By the way, I'm looking forward to updates of your brewing, along with the others. Good luck!

I got two for group b and two for group d :)

Maybe I'll see some of you all there, though it appears I'll just be standing in line and congregating for hours with the ten people around me from what I can tell

ThirstT said:
Maybe I'll see some of you all there, though it appears I'll just be standing in line and congregating for hours with the ten people around me from what I can tell

Are there HBT patches? I would put one on my club shirt and it would be nice to talk to people you could ID from these forums.

Did anyone write down the lot numbers on the following splits? I'd really like to get the analysis sheets for these guys, so any help is appreciated if you are the one who ended up with the original bags.

Splits:
BZ-DWHT Best Malz Dark Wheat
TF-CARM Thomas Faucett & Sons LTD CaraMalt
GB-HONY Gambrinus Malting Corporation Honey Malt
BM-5351 Briess Victory Malt
BM-6620 Briess Smoked Malt
BZ-ACID Best Malz Acidulated Malt
BM-6459 Briess Midnight Wheat Malt

CHEERS!

Did anyone write down the lot numbers on the following splits? I'd really like to get the analysis sheets for these guys, so any help is appreciated if you are the one who ended up with the original bags.

Splits:
BZ-DWHT Best Malz Dark Wheat
TF-CARM Thomas Faucett & Sons LTD CaraMalt
GB-HONY Gambrinus Malting Corporation Honey Malt
BM-5351 Briess Victory Malt
BM-6620 Briess Smoked Malt
BZ-ACID Best Malz Acidulated Malt
BM-6459 Briess Midnight Wheat Malt

CHEERS!

i'll scan and post the link to the pick list with lot#'s later on today.

The link of the scanned pick list with the lot #s has been added to the "General Info" sheet of the spreadsheet; it's highlighted in green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back