Single stage or Two stage fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhubert

Reaction score
I am planning on brewing up a Liberty Cream Ale kit from Midwest this weekend. I going to be kegging this brew and want to know if it is recommended to also do the secondary fermenter or go from the primary to the keg? Pros and Cons to either way?

I am planning on brewing up a Liberty Cream Ale kit from Midwest this weekend. I going to be kegging this brew and want to know if it is recommended to also do the secondary fermenter or go from the primary to the keg? Pros and Cons to either way?

For what it's worth, I have done both.. Often I rack to secondary and sometimes I dont get around to it and rack after two or three weeks in the primary. Do whatever you have time for and you will still make great beer... If you used Irish Moss and do a cold crash before turning on the gas, your beer should still be pretty clear..

Back