Brewing Software for Windows Mobile 6.1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonBrewer

Reaction score
Since i am one of the unlucky 90 million people in this country without access to an Iphone (Verizon Customer), i am looking for some brew software that will work for my Windows Mobile 6.1 Smartphone. The main features would be a Brew Calculator and Journal.

My search results have turned up only a few programs for Palm and Iphone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

I found a few brewing spreadsheets online... and did a simple hydrometer correction spreadsheet.

Now i'm looking for a program for quick calculations, cuz honestly to do a 'quick' calc in a spreadsheet on the phone is a pain.

I recently started coding a win mobile brewing app. I will post it in a few days, after I make some more progress.

I got sick and didn't work on it as much as I had hoped. I am making some progress though. I just finished entering the 2008 BJCP Style Guidelines for the target style part of the app. Now I'm working on the ingredients section.

...promise an WM app and we come out of the brauhauses ;)

I should have kept my mouth shut until I was done with it. Now I have pressure to get it done.

Anyway my test platform is my old Samsung which runs WM5 (my app should run on WM6 too). I am also testing it on an emulator on my computer. My app will require the .NET compact framework which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E3821449-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

I'm not quite done with the app but I do have most of the GUI stuff done.

I should have kept my mouth shut until I was done with it. Now I have pressure to get it done.

Which is why we all chimed in! :fro: Plus if I respond... you pop up when you post on this thread.

And I hate it when the iphone crowd has all the fun.

Anyway my test platform is my old Samsung which runs WM5 (my app should run on WM6 too). I am also testing it on an emulator on my computer. My app will require the .NET compact framework which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E3821449-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

I'm not quite done with the app but I do have most of the GUI stuff done.

Sure we want you to get it done, But don't forego your beer brewing for it! Emulators are great but nothing would beat a few real test devices. Never know what strange apps other people have installed that might cause conflicts. While rare it can happen.

How's it coming????? I have been following this since it started and am really looking forward to it. my iphone buddy rubs that brewpal thing in my face everytime he comes by during a brew session while I have to use my laptop.

scrshot.jpg

I have not had much time to work on this lately.
It still needs a little work but this should give you something to play around with.
Get it at: http://www.thehotfire.net/brew/

scrshot.jpg

I have not had much time to work on this lately.
It still needs a little work but this should give you something to play around with.
Get it at: http://www.thehotfire.net/brew/

thanks for the teaser....lol, this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to find.,someday, maybe you can finish it. im sure that if you do, you will have many people that would love to buy it from you.

I made some real progress the last couple of days. The app now has a results page. It estimates OG, color and IBUs. Im in the process of rewriting the open, save and export functions. Hopefully I will have it ready in the next couple of days.

I made some real progress the last couple of days. The app now has a results page. It estimates OG, color and IBUs. Im in the process of rewriting the open, save and export functions. Hopefully I will have it ready in the next couple of days.

thanks for keeping it going, I think it has a lot of potential.

very cool. I'm excited to see the final product.

I'm going out of town on another snowboarding trip, so I do not think I will be working on this anytime soon. Therefore, I am releasing BrewCalc Version 1.0.2 for Windows Mobile.
I did not have time to finish the save and open functions yet, but I did get the export to html function working, so you can save recipes. I still plan on rewriting this function to make a nicer looking output with slightly more data.
The results page is also done. It calculates color, O.G. and IBU's. I hope you enjoy it.
Get it at http://www.thehotfire.net/brew/

Post me some feedback here or send it to [email protected]

Back