19.7 Monster Coffin Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's also why I went with the pink insulation this time. I used the white stuff and it made one hell of a mess. Pink stuff is much better!!!

Got my Johnson's digi temperature controller installed tonight. Got the shanks and faucets connected and the co2 tank filled as well. Plannin on kegging my first home brew tomorrow after work and tossing her in there. It's an Irish red, been in the primary for 3 weeks and two days, that I will carb with the "set and forget" method at 12 psi for a week. Pretty excited!

image-202798143.jpg

image-774062681.jpg

I put my temp controller on the side of this keezer. The last one I put on the back, and I found myself constantly looking at it, and rolling the keezer away from the wall. Hopefully my OCD will be better suited with it on the side this time haha.

worksnorth said:
Yep you'll love having the Johnson out where you can see it! I'm always gawking at mine

wow. . .just wow. . . Narcissism at it's finest. I mean, I'll take a quick look when I walk by the mirror after a shower, but, gawking. . .that's a little over the top. :)

Haha wow. Got my Irish red (first homebrew) kegged and in chilling this evening.

image-1656091125.jpg

Gotta love the star San

image-895795256.jpg

Not real happy with the low alcohol % in the first batch. Finished with a fg of about 1.010. I believe it's because I started my brew with 6.5 gallons and did that brew on the stove top. This resulted in a less then vigorous boil and I probably didnt lose as much to evaporation as I would have hoped. Oh well, the second batch with be ready to keg next week. It's a nut brown ale and that one seems to be much better.

image-1821578001.jpg

11 psi. Set it and forget it. Can't wait to see how it serves up!

Nice build. I have one the same size with the collar mounted to the base not lid. Quick suggestion...if you are able to keg/siphon in the garage, put the empty keg into the keezer and then run the tube from the secondary into the keg. Then there is no need to lift a full keg. My spare fridge/temp controlled fermenter Cham er is located next to my keezer and it took me two years of lifting to figure this out. At one point I was even thinking about a pulley or winch system to lift the kegs lol.

Again nice build

wow. . .just wow. . . Narcissism at it's finest. I mean, I'll take a quick look when I walk by the mirror after a shower, but, gawking. . .that's a little over the top. :)

Wow! I was reading your post and I was thinking to myself.. This guy is a real jackass!!!! Then I re-read my post and just about lost it! I totally didn't try to do that! And your post was perfect!!!! lol

glad i could entertain. . .just couldn't pass that one up.

Sorry for the off topic OP. . .I think your keezer is a thing of beauty. You made it look easy!

what is the black trim on the very bottom of the base? The Keezer looks awesome. It's exactly what I'm going for on my 14.8.

It's just some mold trimming I bought from home depot and painted black. It originally was a dark stained wood, then i just sanded and spray painted it. Super cheap.

Nice work with the 13 taps. I got 5 now, plan on goin to 8 here soon, then that should suffice for the near future. I'm brand new to brewing, but not to drinking beer, so I wanted to have a keezer I can grow into. A good combination of commercial and homebrew should fill out my 8 taps pretty easy, with room to spare in the keezer. Going to keg my second batch tonight after work, then I will have two beers on tap. If I could manage to slow down my drinking, it would probably be a lot easier to get this thug filled up! Corny's only seem to last 5-7 days at my house...

Back