Racking to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STAD

Reaction score
Okay, so I am still in the process of getting my kegging stuff situated (basically, building the keezer and fixing some co2 tank issues). I have very little CO2 in my tank, but I was wondering if I could rack the beer to the keg, and purge of the oxygen and store in the keg until I'm ready to chill and carbonate?

Also, is there anything else I should be cautious of? This would be my first time using a keg and I'm a little nervous..

Okay, good, that should free up a carboy. I'm hoping I do this all right... Haha, it sucks because I don't really know anyone PERSONALLY to show me how to do everything. Reading is great but..... well, it just doesn't answer everything.

Okay, good, that should free up a carboy. I'm hoping I do this all right... Haha, it sucks because I don't really know anyone PERSONALLY to show me how to do everything. Reading is great but..... well, it just doesn't answer everything.

if you were just a little further north, i'd come help you out myself.

Yeah, thank man, but it's a hell of a drive. This town sucks. It's really just a black hole twenty minutes from 101 on the way to nowhere... Haha. Have you been here?

Back