holiday party at my house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
I just found out today that this years holiday party will be at my house. Oh joy for me. The party will be Dec 11th. There will be many family members there I haven't seen for a few years like 6-10 years. I would like to have a couple of batches of homebrew for people to try. I am an extract brewer and I don't know what everyone likes. What are a couple of safe brews I could do in the next week or so to give them some time in the bottles? I tasted my Raspberry ale today and it seems pretty good nice mouth feel and good carbonation but the flavors needs more time it should be good by the time of the party. I am looking at two more batches. any recomendations?

I was thinking of maybe an american cream ale and a brown ale. How does that sound?

I like a lot of the choices mentioned so far, particularly (in no particular order): APA, brown ale, and wheat.

Good luck with the party...it can be stressful, but also fun to meet up with long lost relatives.

Hefeweizens and Brown Ales are always good for a party. Now when can we expect all of our invitations to arrive?

Not sure about the timing, but it might be nice to make something with a little bit of holiday spice to it. You could also make some hard cider, or maybe EdWort's Apfelwein (VERY easy recipe) for a little bit of variety, something for the non beer-drinkers.

the party is a bit north of Pittsburgh PA. If you are bringing homebrew your family and my door is always open

Back