Any Boston area Brewers buy legal kegs from Breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
Looking to obtain a legal keg for an MLT. We already have our boil kettle setup from another keg. Trying to find a brewery that some of you Boston-area natives might know of that sells kegs legally.

Any help would be great...

Best way to find out if any breweries are selling kegs, is to give em a call! Kilted Brewer called up Widmer Brewing and just asked them if they had any retired kegs for sale. Next thing you know, he'd got two of em for cheap! The worst that they'll say is no.

NoClueBrewMaster said:
The reason I ask is because I have called a few local breweries without any luck...

Which ones have you called? There's enough locals around here to call them all. I know I'm not working too hard and can call a few.

It would be great if we had a list of the breweries in our area and the ones that have kegs available and the regularity of their availability. I'd be happy to compile it if others want to help...

NoClueBrewMaster said:
It would be great if we had a list of the breweries in our area and the ones that have kegs available and the regularity of their availability. I'd be happy to compile it if others want to help...

The yankee brew news has a list of all the breweries in the state with phone numbers. I don't think you'll have too much luck but it can't hurt to try. I bet the big guys in Merrimack NH would have the most.

http://www.brewingnews.com/yankeebrew/

bigjohnmilford said:
The yankee brew news has a list of all the breweries in the state with phone numbers. I don't think you'll have too much luck but it can't hurt to try. I bet the big guys in Merrimack NH would have the most.

http://www.brewingnews.com/yankeebrew/

Actually, Yankee Brew news only lists breweries that pay to be included. Though that is as good a place to start as any considering the yellow pages is the same way these days.

I only have one local brewery and I asked them directly, walked right up to the door. They said not only did they not have any to sell me, someone had stolen about 50! :(

zero said:
Actually, Yankee Brew news only lists breweries that pay to be included. Though that is as good a place to start as any considering the yellow pages is the same way these days.

I only have one local brewery and I asked them directly, walked right up to the door. They said not only did they not have any to sell me, someone had stolen about 50! :(

It looks like most of the breweries in New England pay up then. I don't think there are any missing. Swmbo and I have visited a good number of them in the last couple of years. I can't wait till August for our annual Vermont run. :mug:

Back