Thermometers from St Pats?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I was a big advocate of remote probe thermometers and all that mostly due to the easy to read displays, temperature alarm, and timer but I'm starting to become infatuated by the classic look of a nice big analog dial thermo. The remote digitals are pretty inacurate and not adjustable. I'm still debating, but I was looking at the dial thermos at www.stpats.com.

Since I need to get the probe through a pipe "tee" for a sight tube and then well into the vessel, I'm thinking of the 8" probe version. $15 each sounds really good. Anyone buy these? How are they working out.

I have a thermometer I picked up free from work that looks exactly like those, only mine has a 12in probe. It works fantastic in my mashtun. Go for it, you won't regret it.

:mug:

Bobby_M said:
I was a big advocate of remote probe thermometers and all that mostly due to the easy to read displays, temperature alarm, and timer but I'm starting to become infatuated by the classic look of a nice big analog dial thermo. The remote digitals are pretty inacurate and not adjustable. I'm still debating, but I was looking at the dial thermos at www.stpats.com.

Since I need to get the probe through a pipe "tee" for a sight tube and then well into the vessel, I'm thinking of the 8" probe version. $15 each sounds really good. Anyone buy these? How are they working out.

If it's accuracy you're worried about, go with this NIST-certified/traceable model that I just got. It roxxorz! :rockin:

Each Traceable® Thermometer meets NIST standards and comes with a Traceable® Certificate with its own individual serial number.

I use these St Pats stainless thermometers in each of my keggles. I think I have the 4 inch probe though. No complaints here. They work great and are pretty cheap. I know several other brewers that also use these exact thermometers from St Pats and they are all happy as well. Go for it.

Back