Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorethumb

Reaction score
Hey guys I'am building my first kegerator, I will be using this mini fridge:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-4.6-Cubic-Foot-Refrigerator-Freezer-White/15162470

Now I have a tower that i will be mounting on top. I also have a 30lbs CO2 tank that doesn't fit so i wasn't going to put it in the mini fridge i was going to leave it out cause the tower has 2 taps.

Will I run into anything if I drill a hole from the top and where should i drive the hole for the tubes for the co2 tank?

Thanks

That probably wouldn't fit a regular half keg; I presume you're intending corny kegs or 1/4-kegs or smaller.

The middle of the top or side of a fridge is generally drillable, and is just insulation and cladding--but be careful! They do run refrigerant lines in various places, mostly around the doors, and you puncture one of those you're gonna need a new fridge.

Cut the hole in the cladding (the outside is usually tougher but easier to get at) and then carefully prod the insulation underneath with a pin or something to make sure there's no line there. Then you can continue with the hole.

It's more work, but not more than getting a new fridge!

Also, consider connecting through the wall with pair of hose barbs instead of running the hose all the way through. It makes it easier to move in the future.

Back