Anybody use a portable heater/ac?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunhog

Reaction score
Hi HBT,
I am considering the next step in my brewing career. My dream fermentation setup is to frame out and insulate a small part of my detached garage. The ultimate goal would be to have S/S conicals on wheels that I can wheel in and out of the fermentation room. I am lucky enough to live at the beach in SoCal. My garage averages 50's in the winter and 60's in the summer. So I really only need a little heating and maybe some cooling during a few days in the fall. Anyways what do you guys think of a setup like this?http://www.target.com/Sunpentown-000-BTU-Portable-Conditioner-Heater/dp/B00097DFKQ/ref=sc_pd_gwv_4_title
I know it is a little pricey but......if I can just set a temp and forget about it I think it will be worth it. Thanks. Al

Well it sounds like a good plan. Do you need to use a portable AC? You can get a small window AC for around $100. With a small heater and a dual stage temp controller you could probably do this with around $200 for the equipment, not counting any foam insulation.

Back