• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 c.f. Keezer! HUGE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooklyn-Brewtality

Four Beasts Brewery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
the largest item in my "toning down for apartment life" sale.

I have a 20 c.f. chest freezer I have turned into a keezer. It is set up for 4 taps, but can easily fit 12+ kegs. I have had 8 kegs in it plus several cases of homebrew, soda mead and wine. with hops and yeast too.

See my build thread here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-build-76879/
IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Since those pictures were taken, I had made MANY improvements. I took out all the plastic and fiberglass, filled with expanding insulation, added a second layer of wood inside the collar and filled that with insulation too. The wood was all stained and water proofed, and I added some extra handles, as well as hooks on the inside for easy tubing placement. There is also a painted on chalkboard in the center of the collar for labeling taps. All told, I have maybe 400 into this, plus 12+ hours of work making it perfect for me. (taps not included, shanks would be a little extra).

Local Pick-Up Only, of course.

Pre-Collar dimensions are 62w x 30d x 34.5h; You could add ~6" height for the collar. ~5" height with the caster base (which is not attached)

200 bucks, you meet me in Brooklyn, and it is yours! THIS IS A STEAL!

This is a freaking STEAL. Brooklyn... there is a neighborhood in Portland called Brooklyn, you meet me there i'll give you $300!!

HA! I would if i could. The reason this is so cheap is simple: I need a 5x10 storage space just for this. If I sell it, i can fit my crap in a 5x5. Every month I have this thing, it costs me 30 bucks. I need to ditch it NOW!

This is a hellofa deal! I would drive 2 hours to get it, unfortunatley, you are more than 20 hours away :(

If you can wait about a month to unload it I will take it. SWMBO wont let me make any more beer related purchases until after we get married.

If you can wait about a month to unload it I will take it. SWMBO wont let me make any more beer related purchases until after we get married.

If I still have it, it's all yours. I can't afford to hold on to it, but if no one else has been able to talk their ladies into letting them get it, it's all yours.

Possible selling point: you and your wife could both comfortably fit inside of this thing. convince her this is a down payment on either a coffin for two, or the latest sex craze: freezer sex.

Oh, how naive...

What part of "marriage" will allow you to make ANY purchase without the appropriate forms, in triplicate, granting SWMBO's permission?

Signed,

-Happily Divorced.

Uh.....yeah. She is just trying to delay your decision until she has the legal authority to say no. :)

This is very tempting and I am going to have to think about this one. Seems like it's well built.

I am looking to make a Keezer, but really looking for something smaller. Plus the drive is a little longer than I really want to make right now.

she hasnt said anything about the couple grand I spent over the last 6 months or so on brewing and thats not going to change when we get married. I am the one in charge of the finances anyway.

It is still available. Several interested.

I have mentioned in PMs, and will say it here, if anyone wants to meet up with my at the storage unit to take a look, we can. There is a ton of crap around it, but you could check it out, measure it, whatever.

wow...200$

i would take this in a heartbeat, but its ****ing huge and I live in an apt...DAMMIT !!!

edit: can you give me the width of this monster?

wow...200$

i would take this in a heartbeat, but its ****ing huge and I live in an apt...DAMMIT !!!

edit: can you give me the width of this monster?

dimensions are now in the original post:

Pre-Collar dimensions are 62w x 30d x 34.5h; You could add ~6" height for the collar. ~5" height with the caster base (which is not attached)

dimensions are now in the original post:

alright..when I get home i'll measure my space and let you know...62w is pretty wide man..shucks

I mentioned it to Snake and I also told someone at work about it. Someone who is not yet a home brewer but showed interest.

why not just have it pull dubble duty and use the top and a kitchen table or and ironing board or tv stand,, come on dude use you knogin

It would be a little too big for me in my basement as well and I'm too far away to make it worth the drive. But dang that's a good price.

Back