First vial of White Labs yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noleafclover

Reaction score
Okay, so I bought my first vial of White Labs yeast (WLP001) today in prep for Barleywine (making a starter for it tonight...). It was so mad-science geeky looking I had to buy two... That and I always like to have a backup in case I do something retarded like drop it on the floor.

In any case, I've use Wyeast liquid strains a few times, but I'm inclined to like the White Labs liquid yeast simply because I feel like a mad scientist holding this vial!

Just thought I'd share the excitement. :mug:

I like White Labs because I'm psychotic about sanitizing everything, and there's no chance the yeast in a White Labs vial is going to touch the outside of the packaging while you're pouring it into the starter.

You haven't opened it yet have you?

Just be aware that it is "contents under pressure" it is in there with some wort, so it has produced co2 in the tube....it will gush, so be prepared and open carefully.

Back