MD Fall Brewday -Nov 14th, Joppa MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so we talked about doing the next brewday in November.

Edit:

It appears the brewday will be Nov 14th, Joppa MD.

PM me for address/directions if you've never been to brewday before.

If you mean "It" - how we transferring the results of "It" to Stefin's place?

And this thread was technically for the fall regular group brew day, not "Lambic Day" - so I thought we already had a date/place set for that.

Yes, by "it" i meant fornication.

Screw you, I am brewing a lambic at the next brew day. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

(I can't believe Stefin has not yet spammed. Glad I can fill in for him)

In all honesty, I do not think I could do anything until the latter half of Nov. We have the other thing in Oct, and I am on vacation 10/28-11/4, so that kills the weeks before and after for me.

I'd like to join in and help, if the date works out for my schedule.
Live in Nova(Springfield), but want to see more homebrewing and your group seems to brew a good amount. Lurked on this site for a while and decided to speak up.

Don't have brew equipment of my own. I've only homebrewed 2x, once at a BOP+Shenandoah, but want to experience more.

I can bring propane, coffee, cigars(good ones if y'all are into that)/whatever to contribute.
Eventually I'd love to brew a small batch of Honey porter or robust porter.

Welcome to the forums Skibum!

If you're looking for a great robust porter - we've done Jamil's Robust porter a few times and it's come out great every time! It's one of my favorite brews.

Keep an eye on the thread and we'll see when/where this ends up. Could be in Joppa, MD (just north of Baltimore by about 10 miles), or possibly in Takoma Park.

I am thinking of doing a version of the Founders Oatmeal Chocolate Stout (link)

Assuming the brew day works out for me, anyone interested in splitting this one?

i vote 12-65

second choice would be 12-12

3rd chouse is 11-14

and how did I miss this thread? im not even the top poster! lame.

ive been tugging on the porter ADX brought... and have urgent needs to make my own bourbon porter! for shizzles is it good!

Joppa is totally gay. But I'll drive there for a day of drunken fun. I'll try to make some beer while there but no guarantees, it might end up being some alcoholic grain. Either way I'm sure it will be great fun.

Only day that is totally out is 11/7, just don't choose that day its reserved for something else.

Assuming the brew day works out for me, anyone interested in splitting this one?

Ryan, this was the base design for my Mint Chocolate Stout recipe I just finished up. I bottled this stuff yesterday and I'd say it should be well aged in time for the next brew day. I'll definitely be bringing some.

So after downing a few bottles of the original Founders product, I do not think I want 5G of this stuff. It is real tasty, and I will get more, but not my thing for such a large volume beer.

Mike, I am still in for a split batch, just not sure what of. It may be a game day decision since once I get a recipe in mind, I tend to just brew it.

im planning on doing a bourbon porter... and youd probably stick the honey in at secondary.... so we could just do that... but I cant imagine honey coming through in a porter.

mmm, bourbon porter would work as well.

Actually the recipe I listed above uses the4 Honey during the last ten minutes of the boil...should provide a VERY active primary fermentation

What if you don't care about aromatics? I know you're not supposed to and I usually add it at flameout, but do you really lose flavor?

well ive never actually bo8iled it... but your supposed to wait till its chilled! add it to the primary if you must....

Personally, it would be good if we can come up with a fairly firm date. My weekends, especially near the holidays, get filled real quick. I am game for most dates in the second half of Nov and most of Dec.

As long as the location is in or near Joppa, I am game. Driging much further south of Mike and Alan's is a little too far for me.

good point

i'll go back to lurking in the mead forum now.

I still think we should do a group mead brew. :)

It would be short and painless and we could get drunk without screwing anything up.

I'm fine as long as we lock into something 1 month ahead of time. I see no conflicts with 11/14.

Latest posts

Back