Apfelwein tap handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilc16

Reaction score
Has anyone made a tap handle out of wooden apples? I was thinking about stacking of a few of them on top of each other for my apfelwein. What does anyone think?
5-Piece-Wooden-Apple-Decorations-1695176

Knowing how Apfelwine can sneek up on you, something like this may be in order...

884871_Apple-with-lion-teeth_400.jpg

Can you push Apfelwine right out of your normal keg set up, or do you need a different type of faucet?

I haven't yet, but I'll have some ready to go in a couple weeks. I know people keg it though and I haven't seen anything about different set ups.

I use the same setup to serve my apfelwein as I do for all my other beers.

The only potential thing to consider while having it on tap is the carbonation level. If you don't want to serve it carbonated you'll need a separate/secondary/dual/etc regulator to gauge it down to the 2-3 psi level. If you don't mind it carbed up, then treat it just like any other keg of ale.

Bought. I'm thinking of stacking them a little off center. I'll post some pics once they get delivered and I get it done.

I just googled wooden apples. You should be able to find a good variety.

Or the tap handle should be a little sign with the phrase, "are you sure you want to do this? You know you have to work tomorrow."

Just kidding. The apple looks great

I picked up a pumpkin at a Michaels craft store for 20 cents. I drilled a hole and glued a threaded insert in it. It came out great and is perfect for pumpkin ales. I'm sure they have apples there too for very cheap. I have been wanting to get back there to find one.

Back