top 11 worst beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, the Phat Phree guy doesn't like homebrew; what will we do!!

Has anyone even HEARD of Phat Phree? I'm sure I could come up with a 'creative' top 11 list of why his site sucks, but I think that it kinda goes without saying.

Just a really lame list. I mean, c'mon; picking on Milwaukee's Best? Oooo - that's clever! Genne Cream Ale as disgustingly thick? I haven't had GCA in a long time, but that would be the last way that I would describe it. Lazy and non-humorous.

PBR is far from one of the worst - same for High Life. Besides, the kid that wrote the article looks all of 22. My guess is that Miller Lite is on his top 10 best beers.

Anyone notice the king of all ****ty beers wasn't on there??? He must like Budweiser... *cringes and shakes head* i need to go throw up from thinking about drinking bud.... He's a stupid frat kid that thinks he knows beer...

The guys an A$$Hat.

Gee I guess ALL homebrewers must be like his buddy. And after having him tell me:

"Sure Dennis, why rely on educated brewers who know what they're doing to make you beer when you can make your own at home at nine times the cost! I'm sure you're "Dennis' Full Moon Pale Ale" will be well worth the 6 month wait it took for you to make all eight bottles. And no, I'm sure it won't matter that you used salt instead of sugar by accident. Looking forward to it."

I must be delusional in thinking it costs me a fraction to make than to purchase and that I must have no clue what I'm doing and should let the "educated" brewers like, you know, BMC make me beer. Gee I could have sworn I got 11g from that last patch not 8 bottles.

Oh yeah, I just got up. SO not in the best mood yet. lol

A cock punch is to good for this wannabe beer snob. I say "wannabe" cause he sounds like a pretentious A$$ who drank a heiniken once and now considers himself an expert.

Whats that matter afraid of a little flavor? Jebus comma The BMC beers on that list are basicly the ones with the most flavor. I give it to him he loves drinking water that will get him a buzz. I love people think that hieny is SO much better than BMC.

lol that goon probably doesn't know what good beer is. I would love to see his top 11 best beers. Let me guess Budweiser Bud Light Miller Lite Coors... well you get the picture. Miller High Life is certainly not the chamaign of beers like they say in the commercial, but come on no way is it one of the 11 worst same with PBR. Never had Genny Cream, but I can't imagine it being as bad as he says.

One thing I do like about his article is what he said about what Allstate insurance company's commercials should say ""We're there when you need us... Unless we can weasel out of it like we did in after Hurricane Katrina. In that case **** off!".

I have to agree with one beer on his list, Michelob Ultra it should be a crime to call this a beer. I'm still laughing at that free sample I got at bush gardens, they were sooooo proud of their new low carb beer it was funny to sit and watch people sample it. That is the only beer I have ever had that I would refuse a free bottle of, well maybe not now I'm still a few bottles short so I would take it if I could keep the bottle ;)

John

Well, the way we react to hooch-makers around here, I think we can all agree that hastily made bad homebrew is indeed not good beer. However, the cream ale I just bottled (48 of 'em, thanks) is going to be excellent, because I am... wait for it... educated.

Meh. The guy's an attention whore. Pretty sad when his whole site is centered around trolling for attention.

In the words of Adam Sandler's goat skit, "his life's a blur, f@#$ him" :D

In the words of Adam Sandler's goat skit, "his life's a blur, f@#$ him" :D

"You buttonhooked me... I didn't know you were going to buttonhook me. You're a regular Staubach there, aren't ya?"

Adam Sandler's talking goat rules.

I say lets all get together, all 14000 of us, and find this dude and beat the crap out of him.

Well, it should have been titled "Mr. Beer" brewmaster mix.
My first beer was OK at first taste then it got really bad, really fast. Sometimes I should just stay home, or just go down the drain.

Back