Where you guys all buy burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
I dreaming of building a single tier 3 vessel system sometime in the near future. Nothing fancy, just a stand, 3 converted kegs, a pump and burners. I want the ten tip jet burners for propane. I found them at gashosesandregulators.com for $100 each, also found them at bayouclassicdepot.com for around $30 each, but they are not tested, no refunds, exchanges or credits. if I have to buy 9 of these to get 3 good ones it would work out the same...
Where have you ten tip guys bought your burners, and for everyone else which company would you buy from?

Most all of the successful "Brutus" design builds use the 10" banjo burner for the HLT and Boil kettle, with a 6" burner under the mash tun. These burners are easy to tune and change between high/low pressure propane and natural gas with a $8 part. With the 10 jet burner you are stuck with changing all the nozzles to change from high-low pressure or natural gas.
Here is a link to the lowest cost source for the cast burners, 10" Banjo BG-14 HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER - Agri Supply, and 6" cast burner BURNER CAST LOW PRESSURE MULTI-HOLE 6 - Agri Supply. Conversion gas orifices and valve combinations for the 10" burners can be found at Williams brewing for $8 a piece.

The ten tip burners work fine and Bayou's price is pretty good. But, like others are saying, go with cast iron burners. the 6" and 10" are very quiet and far more adjustable.
Most of our customers request the 10" 'Banjo' burners and we offer them as a standard burner. AgriSupply is the best retail price you will find including shipping and their customer service is excellent.
If you are sold on the 10 tip burners, you will want to mount them much lower (at least 6") from the kettles. This relates to wasted BTUs.

I'd really like the jet burner. I guess my question is do you guys know of a better price on the jet burners and, if not, would guys take your chances with the $30 burner, or go with the $100 version?

I've bought several. It's actually better made than the cast iron burners. The cost difference is the amount of units the supplier is buying and the discount they receive from the manufacturer in China.
The only problem you might experience is broken jet tips upon arrival. They should be replaced for free by your supplier.

OneHoppyGuy said:
I've bought several. It's actually better made than the cast iron burners. The cost difference is the amount of units the supplier is buying and the discount they receive from the manufacturer in China.
The only problem you might experience is broken jet tips upon arrival. They should be replaced for free by your supplier.

You've bought several from which supplier? This is the stuff I like to hear, first hand experience!

Back