My Sculpture was not created equal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it, and where did you get it??? The SS material, that is?

twas a group buy on it here. one of guys on HBT was buying some of this for his work and did a small order for HBT members, it was imported from china and took about 8 weeks to get here.

he doesn't planning on doing another group buy, but will give anyone contact info if they such desire. if you get enough people together to make it worth it. or have a couple grand to invest in the material and shipping/import fees.

-=Jason=-

twas a group buy on it here. one of guys on HBT was buying some of this for his work and did a small order for HBT members, it was imported from china and took about 8 weeks to get here.

he doesn't planning on doing another group buy, but will give anyone contact info if they such desire. if you get enough people together to make it worth it. or have a couple grand to invest in the material and shipping/import fees.

-=Jason=-

Took more then 8 weeks. It was more like 4 months. But well worth the wait.

Today I have been working on the heat shields and a couple brackets for the tops of the sight glasses. I also finished welding and installing the false bottom and pickup tube.
IMAG0164.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0167.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0168.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0173.jpg
[/IMG]

So I finally got the temp probes. Turns out that they have been sitting at the post office for 2 weeks. I guess we got a notice but my wife dismissed it as junk mail.
I will install them tonight. they were supposed to be 1/2" npt but they are 3/8" so I will pick up a few bushings.
IMAG0200.jpg
[/IMG]

Got the sheet metal for the front of the brewery yesterday. I had a friend make it at work. The dimensions are a bit off from what I wanted but I think it will work. Now I need to brace it and lay out for the components to be installed.
IMAG0205.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks Awesome Mike. What are the fire extinguisher looking tanks underneath for?

Good lookin rig. Didnt realize you were so close until I saw the Black Market glass a few pages in. Cheers!

Looks Awesome Mike. What are the fire extinguisher looking tanks underneath for?

Those were originally 10 gallon eye was stations. The were going to get scrapped at work so I took them. They use a standard soda keg top. Gonna use them as serving tanks.
IMAG0174.jpg

Oh man, should I ever get the money together I now know who to look to for advice. I wish I was a competent welder.

And you are basically just down the street :D

I was hoping for a couple weekends from now. Not sure if it will happen though. I still need to wire everything and I am not much of an electrican.

Did you ever find a use for those heat cartridges? I'm still tinkering with ideas on how I could use those into my build.

Did you ever find a use for those heat cartridges? I'm still tinkering with ideas on how I could use those into my build.

Yeah, I'm gonna use them as a rims for the mash. Right now I just want to get the brewery up and running. I am iching to brew. Im still working 6-12s and have very little time.

That sure is a purdy stand you have there Mike, to bad you don't know how to use it. :D
You should probably just give it away. ;) Oh yah welcome to the Brewtherhood!

Yes it is a VERY purdy stand....NO I don't know how to use it... BUT....I WILL make hundreds of gallons of great beer learning how. AND...NO...You can't have it!

Thanks Brewther!

Its been said that "brewing your own beer to save money is like buying a boat to catch cheap fish." I say that "buying a boat to go fishing is bada$$, and your brew rig is Fing EPIC!!" WOW really good job, you should be really proud.

Its been said that "brewing your own beer to save money is like buying a boat to catch cheap fish." I say that "buying a boat to go fishing is bada$$, and your brew rig is Fing EPIC!!" WOW really good job, you should be really proud.

Thank You. I appreciate the compliment. It has been fun building it with my youngest son. Now if I can just get it finished...I want to brew!!

mikelikesit2000 said:
It has been fun building it with my youngest son. Now if I can just get it finished...I want to brew!!

If I was closer to you I would come help just so I could see the MegaTron in person. Speaking of do you have a name for her yet? My wife refers to mine as the SPACE SHUTTLE but I call it Darwin because of the constant evolution. I'm still jealous of all the stainless as well as your tig welder. Cheers!

Man very nice job on the whole project. I love the idea of building the immersion chiller directly into the keggle. Anymore information on that? After seeing it, I think I'll do that as well.

If I was closer to you I would come help just so I could see the MegaTron in person. Speaking of do you have a name for her yet? My wife refers to mine as the SPACE SHUTTLE but I call it Darwin because of the constant evolution. I'm still jealous of all the stainless as well as your tig welder. Cheers!

No name yet. But I am sure it will earn a name eventually.

Man very nice job on the whole project. I love the idea of building the immersion chiller directly into the keggle. Anymore information on that? After seeing it, I think I'll do that as well.

It works well for full batches. Not so well on 6 gallon batches. If I were to do it again I would install it a bit lower. It was also a pain to roll the coil. The tubing is pretty thin and wanted to kink.

It was a 50' coil of .020 wall. A little thicker would have been easier to bend. The .020 wall wanted to kink.

It's probably been asked, but I can't help but think what a pain your permanent IC is going to be to clean in place. Do you plan on removing after boil? Maybe you only plan on whole hops, or a hop bag or something. For me, I still used pellet and I can't imagine what a pain it would be for me to clean without removing.

AND I HAVE POWER!!!!!
IMAG0211.jpg

Its wired up for straight manual control. I will worry about the auto side later, I just want to brew!

Latest posts

Back