Quantities of brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bills Brew

Reaction score
Just curious:
At any one time, how much brew do you generally have:
1. In Primary?
2. In Secondary?
3. Bottles - Conditioning?
4. Kegs?
5. Drinking?

generally....

1. In Primary? One batch
2. In Secondary? One or Two batches.
3. Bottles - Conditioning? One or Two batches
4. Kegs? zero.
5. Drinking? several cases.

Bills Brew said:
Just curious:
1. In Primary?
2. In Secondary?
4. Kegs?
5. Drinking?

I brew a 5 gallon batch on average about every 3-4 weeks.

So I usually have one in secondary (rarely 2), primary is empty about 2/3 of the time.

My total stored bottled beer tends to run at around 6-7 cases (some of which I'm attempting to cellar for future consumption).

I tend to go in streaks: I'll brew 2-3 batches within a short span and then be dormant for a little while.

I'm also the only beer drinker in my household (SWMBO drinks about 1 a week).

Howdy there Bill,

Today, I have 210 bottles of ale
15 gallons in primarys and secondarys
and DME enough to brew about four more batches

I was going to brew another today
but mowed the front pasture instead.

Luck, J. Knife

I brew 5-10 times a year and generally have three kegs on tap with two or three aging. I make a barleywine every other year. I live by myself and the very few neighbors I have drink BMC. If I brewed more, I'd just be dumping it.

usually 1 in the primary

2 in the secondary (kind of slacking right now)
2 conditioning
and drinking whatevers ready

I support myself, SWMBO, and three brothers with the beer I brew, so it doesnt last very long. Good part of that is, they buy it, I brew it.

Thats a sweet deal Chimone. Anyone know where I can buy 3 beer drinking brothers. All i got is a 18year old sister who is happy if she can get someone to buy her a 6er of Bacardi O (or whatever bull**** they are drinking these days).

Be careful what you say. Knowing them, for more homebrews they would probably make the trip cross country.

My closet looked like this before the 4th. Its pretty much empty now. I did stash a couple 22 ozers of my favorites away though

3394-Cache.jpg

I recently gained capacity in the form of a newer fridge.
My goal is to have all 4 taps occupied.
3 for beer one for soda.
My old fridge is now the fermenter/lagerator.
It can hold 4 cornys

As you can see from my sig line, I am woefully short of that goal
What's scary is that I drank my last beer (Alaskan Amber Clone) single handedly.

That's never happend before.

Bills Brew said:
Just curious:
1. In Primary?
2. In Secondary?
4. Kegs?
5. Drinking?
I currently have 8 cases of bottles. At the moment two cases are empty, cleaned and ready for their next brew. I also have four cornies, but usually only run three at a time in the brew refrigerator. That gives me 8 different brews available right now, with a Bock that I just started lagering in the lager freezer.

I like to have 2 on tap and two keg conditioning. As soon as one goes dry, it's time to brew another. Having a large party in late May sucked everthing out of me so I'm trying to get back to my target stash currently. If you slack on your stash before you know it you could run out and that is a very bad thing.

Done with work now and have to go buy some beer damnit!

Back