Mmmmm, Craigslist.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy360

Reaction score
I picked up 6 clean, pressure tested cornies today for $50. The couple also threw in 3 BIG bags of bottle caps and the in and out ports for free.

They still have nearly 50 cornies left...at $10 each or 3/$25. :tank:

They're son moved and got out of brewing. Now they're getting rid of his stuff. :cross:

that is a VERY nice deal. you should get more, and stockpile while you can. at least that is what i would do. haha.

Why did you get only six YOU FOOL! Now go back there and buy up as many as you can! You will NEVER have too many kegs. Never!

Awesome deal. Wish I lived just a little closer to NY, as it is it wouldn't be worth it, even at that price.

eviltwinofjoni said:
Why did you get only six YOU FOOL! Now go back there and buy up as many as you can! You will NEVER have too many kegs. Never!

If you have the cash, you could sell those on e-bay for profit, easy. Now send me some for that idea!

cnbudz said:
Where in NY? I'm about an hour from the border and that price is worth a drive.

EDIT: I just searched NY craigslist and didn't see the listing, do you have a link?

PM'd you. (more characters)

Go pick em up and share the deal with HBT commuinty :) and ship them for the non NY people like me :)

dantodd said:
Damn.... their son had 56+ kegs as a homebrewer? That's quite a collection. I wonder if he posts here!

My guess is no or he probably would have listed them here first

These kegs still for sale you think? I'm in the market for a couple and that price is in my budget. I'm in Northern NJ, so depending on where in NY they are, I'd drive for them.

"moved" as in "to a 'better place' "?? I can't see someone just saying "OK mom and dad...just sell my 56 cornies."

Or is it more likely that the dude went into AA and is getting rid of his 'quipt ?

Cheesefood said:
"moved" as in "to a 'better place' "?? I can't see someone just saying "OK mom and dad...just sell my 56 cornies."

Or is it more likely that the dude went into AA and is getting rid of his 'quipt ?

not intending to hijack but have you seen this cheesefood? Every time I see your current icon I am reminded of it.

Jester, IM me and I'll give you the link.

Glad other brewers are getting in on this deal! :rockin:

I have a Raspberry Wheat and Hefe that will be my first kegged beers. These will be drunk on Sept 15 for a party I'm hosting in celebration of the end of my Externship for the Culinary Institute of America...oh, and my engagement. :p :tank:

Not that I'm gonna get in on the deal, but just curious as to why the craigslist link is such a secret? Why not post it in the forum instead?

dblvsn said:
Not that I'm gonna get in on the deal, but just curious as to why the craigslist link is such a secret? Why not post it in the forum instead?

People other than brewers look at the board. Trying to keep it in the community. :mug:

Back