Diy conical?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorsbro

Reaction score
anybody using toledos hoppers for a diy conical fermenter? Im considering building a conical after im done building the brewstand, only thing thats keeping me from building one is that theyres ready made ones for $500 and look to be made from toledo's hoppers...

Those look nice, what are you thinking for a lid/sealing, and spigot? That is a pretty good price, $815 for 5 12.2 gal conicals which is about all the fermentation space I need...

Edit: for the record, when i clicked reply that link wasn't there...

too much work for me
I build many pieces too
but this is too much.

you can't save that much
unless you have excellent
welding skills yourself

LakewoodBrew said:
too much work for me
I build many pieces too
but this is too much.

you can't save that much
unless you have excellent
welding skills yourself

I agree. We bought a Stout. Very happy

I have talked to a salesperson from Toledo. They can do anything you want, from adding a triclover ferule on the bottom and side for a racking port, to a complete ready to use model complete with latches. If I remember, there price was around 100 to 150 bucks less than a comparable model from B3 or Blichman. Can't recall what they did for a stand, or if it even was included.

We had a haiku showdown on another thread (see link in signature) thought I should share the joy.

The intriguing thing about going with Toledo, is the opportunity to build a stand that will allow the conical to fit into a fridge. I haven't done it yet, but I think it would be possible. I wonder if Toledo could do it if you gave them a drawing?

Back