Yet another Lager prob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmay

Reaction score
I am working on a third yeast pack, which has not grown for me. The first two didn’t even swell (I didn’t bother pitching the second one), this third yeast pack Wyeast Lager, don’t remember which. Well this last one swelled quiet well, I thought the packet might explode. So after 4 hours I pitched it to a starter, with DME after a boil. I then left it at about 65-70 degrees and noted very little activity for 3 days. Then I moved it to a slightly warmer spot and continued with little to no activity. So I aerated and shook the starter and poured it in my carboy. Well almost a week later in the fridge, there has been no activity. Any suggestions.

I have done other lagers in the winter months (up north) but this is the first one in summer in the fridge.

So how did this one come out? After about the third attempt I would have just busted out a packet of dry ale yeast I keep sitting around and used that, at least that way you get beer.

So how did this one come out? After about the third attempt I would have just busted out a packet of dry ale yeast I keep sitting around and used that, at least that way you get beer.

THAT was your 1k post? Come on, you can do better than that :fro:

I completely forgot I was not supposed to post my 1k... I just started clearing the back log again.

Back