Open Source Beer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will OpenSourceBeerProject.com work?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

• Who cares... just give me a beer!

Results are only viewable after voting.

rbenvin

Reaction score
I just found out that Flying Dog is allowing beer drinkers and homebrewers to create and recommend changes and modifications to their next beer recipe. The recipe starts off as a simple Doppelbock recipe. Visit Open Source Beer Project for the rest of the info.

Rich

Kind of cool, however open source beer recipes are a lot different then open source software.

What makes a beer better is often a matter of opinion, where in open source software contributions often fix bugs or add features.

It will be interesting to see what contributions are accepted and what process they go through to decide how the recipe actually changes based on submissions.

eh, i put maybe, but I don't think its gonna work now. I just went to the site and couldn't figure out how to put in a suggestion. Needs to be eaiser and a more elaborate form for editting current/adding new suggestions.

Back