I was propositioned today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I am a maintenance man/caretaker at the Adirondack Mountain Club's Heart Lake property outside of Lake Placid, NY. It is the main trailhead (and the busiest trailhead in NYS) to the Adirondack High Peaks. As such, I have become friendly with most of the local Forest Rangers.

So today, one of them approaches me and asks for my help. Would I be a volunteer in a field sobriety training for new officers? I get picked up and dropped off at my home, I get to drink ALL DAY on the State's dime, I get to drive drunk as hell on a closed course, and, best of all I can have ANY alcoholic beverages I want! So I'm going to put together a short list of beers to drink, and I might also let them know that I am particularly partial to Maker's Mark. It makes me drive better!

How about that!

so a bunch of 'mountain men' asked to take you into their camp and get drunk in the woods?

uhhhhh, run away swiftly!

Actually this is very common in law enforcement, they will put you through field sobriety tests and also take you BAC. go for it.

I did one of those trainings and it was funny because they kept everyone at a .10 bac but because everyone reacts differently to alcohol, some of the lightweights were hilarious to watch tripping and giggling about everything. Have fun and have a drink for us..

deliverance_imagelarge.jpg

Too far?

I started reading this expecting a Penthouse Letters sort of thing... boy did that go somewhere I didn't expect! :eek:

Anyway, sounds like a fun time, good luck.

That's great! Around here, we use cops only to do that because of liability issues.

On a side note, do you work at the property where the trail to Marcy Dam starts? I did a camping trip up to Avalanche Lake through there last year.

WAIT FOR ME! The wifey and I will be making a trip up there sometime at the end of April WAIT FOR ME!!!!!

Ooh I get to do this soon, I have a friend thats going through police academy and they need people for this.

I found out that the date will be April 20. I'll report back when I sober up...

Back