What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First RR sour!

image-1234985020.jpg

Channel66 said:
Swung by my new place today to drop off some stuff, first time there since we got back. The garage I had filled with cellar beer, homebrew kegs, equipment, random beer, etc. Was broken into. They took my 4 wheeler, They took my 3 boilermakers, my blichman burners, a ton of tools, and countless cases of beer, a 2 tap dorm fridge convert, basically they filled a pickup truck with my ****.

I'm drinking whiskey, neat, pint.

I'm shaking I'm so pissed, take my **** fine, but that's 6 years of collecting and cellering and having the patience to not drink, some really awesome beers.

Man, that sucks! I would hate to have that happen. Sorry about that. The worst part is that they're probably BMC drinkers and they'll probably just pour the beer out after tasting it.

NIZZLE said:
Ya hope everything goes in my favor fingers crossed.

At least on one hand :D

WesleyS said:
Man, that sucks! I would hate to have that happen. Sorry about that. The worst part is that they're probably BMC drinkers and they'll probably just pour the beer out after tasting it.

Nice Wes. Way to rub salt in his wound.

image-1560218252.jpg

To paraphrase Bobby McFarrin, Don't worry, bee heavy!

Love the got drunk dunno details Mark.

image-546780782.jpg

These are up next when the mrs gets home.

Red hook pumpkin porter. .. I try to stray away from the pumpkin beers. I kind if despise this time if year because if the crappy seasonals but this one isnt half bad. Still prefer the warlock tho

ForumRunner_20131007_165727.png

NIZZLE said:
Tehehe! I'm going to offer $60.000 I think

Looking at all the info and the fact they've already had to drop the price by 10,000, 60,000 would be the highest I'd offer. Maybe a little under 60 and see what you get countered with.

Disclaimer: the above comment was made by a complete moron and is in no way to be considered sound advice. Follow at your own risk.
;)

That's not even funny. Allagash sells in grocery stores up here for like 14 bucks a 750. I imagine they see the fancy caged corked bottles and recognize them as worth something.

Bastards, I hope they choke on it.

Nizz jump on that house!

TNGabe said:
Nice Wes. Way to rub salt in his wound.

Probably wasn't the best choice of words. But that would be one thought that would bother me if it happened to me.
Hopefully they catch the bastids!

Channel66 said:
That's not even funny. Allagash sells in grocery stores up here for like 14 bucks a 750. I imagine they see the fancy caged corked bottles and recognize them as worth something.

Bastards, I hope they choke on it.
Obviously it would be nice if they were caught before they could unload any of your stuff.
But, wouldn't it be great if they were caught while trying to sell the beer(obviously without the permits to do so)? That'd add some nice charges to go along with theft.

Probably wasn't the best choice of words. But that would be one thought that would bother me if it happened to me.
Hopefully they catch the bastids!

You know I'm just giving you a hard time.

Looking at all the info and the fact they've already had to drop the price by 10,000, 60,000 would be the highest I'd offer. Maybe a little under 60 and see what you get countered with.

Disclaimer: the above comment was made by a complete moron and is in no way to be considered sound advice. Follow at your own risk.
;)

He didn't have to drop the price I know the owners they Owen the house free and clear and live in Vegas just want to get rid of it quickly.

Here's a Westvleteren 12 I dank on the streets of Brussels last week. :mug:

Please tell me you brought beer back with you.

Obviously it would be nice if they were caught before they could unload any of your stuff.
But, wouldn't it be great if they were caught while trying to sell the beer(obviously without the permits to do so)? That'd add some nice charges to go along with theft.

That'd be brilliant. I actually have the bottle number of anything that had one in my packing list. So it would make it easy to spot.

Cigar City Hotter than Helles, crisp, clean, beautiful color, so very true to the style.

MrNickVT said:
That was my first RR sour as well. I've yet to find another sour that comes close to that. I love the notes from the cab barrels!

Nice! I really enjoyed the wine notes on the beer as well. I've had better sours before but this one is up there with the best for sure.

TNGabe said:
Buying? That's stealing!!! Whatcha think? Happy bday! I'll join you on the fancy beers when wifey gets home. Not sharing with yours?

Wifey is taking smaller pours. She said something about work tomorrow.

mcbaumannerb said:
Happy birthday - enjoy that RR! :mug: At a school fundraising event. At Iron Hill Brewery! Now this is something I can get behind! :D Unfortunately their Oktoberfest is only so-so.

Thanks man! I'm onto the next one now. :D

image-1934038310.jpg

Back