Heroes (tv show)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
God dammit.

I really wanted to not like this show and move on. Halfway into season 2 I have to admit I love it.

It doesn't have as many "Holy Effing ****" moments as Battlestar galactica, but there are so many little moments of awesomeness. Just when I want to give in, it pulls me back.

Just now, Meredith explained to her big brother (who can manifest flame at will) that Daddy always said "god gave you a big sister instead of a brain".

Nothing supernatural about that moment, just epic character building and humor.

I remember watching an episode here and there when it was first on, but watching it back to back has hooked me!

You're going to be so, so disappointed. This thread will be like watching somebody watching a trainwreck.

In one of the season finales, Hasselhoff bones Judge Judy. Truly awful.

I don't think I can pinpoint it to a particular episode or anything. I think the best way to describe is that the writers sort of paint themselves into a corner early on in the series, which totally kills the direction of the show. Then they go through a bunch of absurd contortions trying to get the story back on track and interesting again, but it ends in failure. I won't spoil it, as I think the first season or two are quite entertaining. But what they should have done is kill off almost all of the characters so they could start over, which they never did--and one of the characters they DID kill came back as an identical twin. :drunk: And there were lots of "I wasn't really dead" BS moments.

They did a bunch of crazy crap where they would introduce these new characters which then apparently didn't get the audience response they were hoping for, so they would just drop that storyline midstream and do something else. There were several episodes in a row where there didn't really seem to be any direction at all.

In one of the season finales, Hasselhoff bones Judge Judy. Truly awful.

I applaide the nonsensical, but in this moment of vulnarability for me....imagine I just flicked my wrist and you flew across the room and go f¥ck yourself.

Thanks wierdboy.

Hey!!Anyone see the calzone I am making??!

The first 3 seasons were good. The 4th was not that great and I blame it on the carnies. No, really. Lots and lots of carnies. I am not kidding.

The first 3 seasons were good. The 4th was not that great and I blame it on the carnies. No, really. Lots and lots of carnies. I am not kidding.

Was there even a season after that? I remember half heatedly watching the carny season wondering what on earth they did to that show. Then at some point I heard it had been canceled and said fark it.

cheezydemon3 said:
HA!!!!! it was a trap!!!!!! Best show and WORST show in one sentence!!

Calmly identify best and worst, and I will grant you a second chance....ie; life after death.

I refuse to play this game. I am watching Lost right now. Just watched some BSG the other day. You can't make me hate one of them!

I refuse to play this game. I am watching Lost right now. Just watched some BSG the other day. You can't make me hate one of them!

Here is a CLUE..............

Battlestar Galactica's ending...OK....won't spoil, but drew tears of awesomeness....

Lost's ending....well.....I'll return the favor....was written by a retarded 3rd grader.

I will hate that show as long as we both shall live.

Here is a CLUE..............

Battlestar Galactica's ending...OK....won't spoil, but drew tears of awesomeness....

Lost's ending....well.....I'll return the favor....was written by a retarded 3rd grader.

I will hate that show as long as we both shall live.

HA! Joke's on you! I don't plan to live that long!

Wait, what?

I gave up on Heroes after a bit. Even the fabulously hot Hayden Panettierre couldn't make me continue to watch it. And that was after I found out about her licking fetish! (Look it up!)

First Ep of BSG was on again last night. I managed to pull away before the second episode started. Anyway, we own the DVDs, so...

Well ****.

I will ste once again....without much hope.......

I too lost interest, maybe around season 2 when the shows were NEW. Now I didn't see every episode, I came and went.

seeing them back to back, it has me hooked.....or did.

I guess I will hold out until the carnies.

I was once a huge fan of heroes. There is a point that it starts to kinda suck...and by kinda I mean it really sucks. With that said the first two seasons and some of the third makes it one of my favorites. I plan to start it over soon. I also loved lost and am currently finishing the last season for the second time. Lost also has moments that suck but as a whole it is one of the best written shows.
It has been my experience that every show that has character development suffers, at some point in a stale seasons or two.

I was once a huge fan of heroes. There is a point that it starts to kinda suck...and by kinda I mean it really sucks. With that said the first two seasons and some of the third makes it one of my favorites. I plan to start it over soon. I also loved lost and am currently finishing the last season for the second time. Lost also has moments that suck but as a whole it is one of the best written shows.
It has been my experience that every show that has character development suffers, at some point in a stale seasons or two.

I have a personality flaw.

The END (for me the whole freaking point) makes or breaks it.

I want to know that the writers either:

A have a pre-determined point to the whole thing, and a reasonable idea of an ending.

OR

B Can come up with an inspirational fantastic ending that ties things up reasonably well.

Lost gets an F - for the writers coming up with the stupidest ending possible. It is a not very fun view of what was likely the cast party after they stopped filming.

Lost was worth it. If you look at the episodes out of context for the ending I enjoyed most.

Let me know how it goes with Heroes.

Lost was worth it. If you look at the episodes out of context for the ending I enjoyed most.

Will do.

BSG ruined me. Every damned episode was fantastic and the ending was all that I hoped for.

I have a personality flaw.

The END (for me the whole freaking point) makes or breaks it.

I want to know that the writers either:

A have a pre-determined point to the whole thing, and a reasonable idea of an ending.

OR

B Can come up with an inspirational fantastic ending that ties things up reasonably well.

Lost gets an F - for the writers coming up with the stupidest ending possible. It is a not very fun view of what was likely the cast party after they stopped filming.

In this case you're going to end up hating Heros. The show was cancelled so no coherent ending, plus the last season that I remember was so disjointed it seemed the writers were just flinging storylines around willynilly with little thought to a main storyarc.

In this case you're going to end up hating Heros. The show was cancelled so no coherent ending, plus the last season that I remember was so disjointed it seemed the writers were just flinging storylines around willynilly with little thought to a main storyarc.

Thank you! I'm gone.

Biding my time to rewatch BSG.

The episodes are good. I think what I hate, is wondering "WOW!!! What is this all leading up to????"

and then I feel like I was duped when it becomes apparent that, not only do the writers have no clue what it is leading up to, but even when it gets there, they don't even try.

Seriously! at least make aliens controlling it all.
Nothing? Really? No ending at all? people in a fekking church???let me just crap on your face.

I loved BSG up to the end, which was great EXCEPT for the whole Kara Thrace thing. I just didn't get that. The rest was fabulous.

That was wierd, but I just accepted that she *SPOILER* was some sort of fallen angel. (I don't mind believing in divine intervention in a fantasy world;)isn't that vierd???)

Heroes was my favorite show for quite a while.

They went through the storylines way too fast for my taste. I thought season 1 should have been at least a two, if not three, season story arc. They could have incorporated much more of the backstory, and flesh out some characters.

[spolier, even though I think you already would have seen these episodes]I loved the Peter in Ireland storyline, but then they just killed it.

I also think this show was incredibly hurt by the writer's strike, as they didn't simply stop production, they hurried through a season (2nd?) to get an ending.

Battlestar was so great. Best moment of the series, hot dropping the Battlestar into the atmosphere above New Caprica and free falling it. So epic! Oh ya, and heroes goes from awesome to total crap epically fast as well.

Battlestar+Galactica+-+Exodus.jpg

So, yeah, the first 2 seasons are good, then the third goes downhill pretty quickly. The fourth was bad, but then it just stops. Lots of storylines are left unresolved, not just because it was canceled, but because the writers didn't know what they were doing. I would've definitely seen in through to the end if they had done a final season, just to get closure, no matter how bad it got. I suppose OP and are alike in that way.

I also liked Lost a lot. Too bad the final season was so weak, because it kind of taints the overall experience. For example, you can't even really say "I liked Lost" without people thinking you're stupid just because of the weak final season.

That was a great part of the series. Possibly my favorite period of the show.

WAIT...this is critical.

Possibly the best episode, was led up to, by arguably the worst episodes.

The planet SUCKED. Life under cylon rule SUCKED. Would redemption have been so sweet, if those episodes leading up weren't sucky?

SERIOUS implications. Contrasts.

Would JAWS have been so great, had the 93 minutes leading up to the conflict not been so droll????

So, yeah, the first 2 seasons are good, then the third goes downhill pretty quickly. The fourth was bad, but then it just stops. Lots of storylines are left unresolved, not just because it was canceled, but because the writers didn't know what they were doing. I would've definitely seen in through to the end if they had done a final season, just to get closure, no matter how bad it got. I suppose OP and are alike in that way.

I also liked Lost a lot. Too bad the final season was so weak, because it kind of taints the overall experience. For example, you can't even really say "I liked Lost" without people thinking you're stupid just because of the weak final season.

We are all different!! For many the journey is half the fun. In life, this is me. In Fantasy TV, F()CK THAT ****.;)

In all seriousness, BSG didn't suck during the planet (in my estimations, the reveal of the final 4 SUCKED, with the remake of a Jimmy Hendrix song, and the piano, etc.) it was merely less good than the other episode.

Odd, I didn't really think those episodes of Cylon rule were particularly sucky. I enjoyed seeing people in a different role, and the exploration of Baltar's role as a reluctant figurehead.

At this point I maybe should point out that there are at least 2 BSG threads going and a LONG tangent on the "GOOD ON NETFLIX" thread......HOWEVER.....

I am OK with it being the measuring stick by which all other fictional tv series are measured. That being the case, it is OT in any thread of this type.

BEST episode might have been the early one where Starbuck and Apollo orchestrate that attack on the cylon base on that asteroid. It was sincerely original, but channelled moments of Han Solo destroying a deathstar like nothing else I've ever seen.

SO AWESOME! The episode where they discovered the forgotten Hybrid, and OLD SCHOOL cylons were defending it??? NERDGASM!!!!!! also also, the final assault on the cylon BASE was epic.

Back