Loyal to your brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbeachroach

Reaction score
Hello all. While I type i am brewing my own Spack You In The Face Imperial Stout. I was going to ask you all to post your favorite Home brew recipes for brewers that wonder wHAT should I brew next and why? Post your shutouts for your favorite home brew.

Green Tea Belgian Wit.
Knocks the socks off beer lovers and beer 'haters' (really just unconverted beer lovers). The tea adds a fantastic smoothness with nice bitterness in the head and some sweetness in the finish. The taste is subtle if you're not looking for it, but certainly distinctive. Below is my recipe with my notes. If (and by 'if' I mean 'when') I do this again, I'm going to let the tea secondary for at least 10 days.

Green Tea Belgian Wit
Brew Date: September 15, 2012

Fermentables:
3 lb LD Carlson Briess Golden Light DME
3 lb LD Carlson Briess Wheat DME

Hops:
0.75 oz Cascade 60 min
0.2 oz 5 min
0.05 oz 0 min

Adjuncts:
1 oz coriander at 5 min
1 oz orange peel at 5 min
1.5 oz Dragonwell Green Tea

WLABS Belgian Witbier

Seemed to be a top fermenting yeast…looked really funky and was kinda annoying.

Potential alcohol: about 8?

Moved to secondary: Sept 22
Added 1.5 oz wegmans dragonwell green tea
Bottled: 9/28/12
Used about 6 oz bottling sugar

Taste notes: Over carbonated: Use less sugar next time
Fantastic taste. Good amount of green tea flavor, warm/smooth aftertaste, good head retention. Only change: less bottling sugar, longer in the secondary to finish fermentation of the tea.

You could just look in the recipe databse, which thickhead posted for you or the pull down under member's avatar that says "recipes", to find our best recipes. Or just look at the recipes that are popped up in the recipe or database section of the forum, that have the largest amount of posts on here, to see the most popular. Why do we need to recreate them on this thread, when they're already on here?

Back