A "crappy" situation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the condolences, I actually picked up the grain again and brewed the crapless version of this yesterday. All went well so hopefully this beer was worth it!!

La Muñeca? ....the little rag doll!

Rumor has it that certain traditional brews were started or maybe nurtured by adding a little brown turd, lol. Too weird to be a lie, too gross to be the truth. I guess it might be a good source of nitrogen for your yeasty beasties?!

"According to an informant in the mountains area of West Mexico...there was a pulqueria, where the proprietor, a womain, put human faeces, the muneca, into the pulque she served to clients who were disagreeable or behaved badly..."
Yah, no sh i t !

Reference: http://books.google.com/books?id=GtANKPDoLhAC&pg=PA220&lpg=PA220&dq=La+Muneca+inedible&source=bl&ots=kRseZZtR-W&sig=2zy41V21p1lM665-mrPFYO29vfw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WWfjT9S3JMT02wXq793ACw&ved=0CH8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

M

Back