Heavy Brown layer?? pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eluna

Reaction score
started out how i usually see a krausen but then day after pitching Boom and it turns to thick layer of this brown stuff i usually dont get this much yeast gunk what exactly is it? i pitched Danstar Munich 1.050 OG Fermenting at 64F
Before
Untitled00004-03.jpg

After
Video1100000-04.jpg

Not really worried about it Just curious This is my first all grain Wheat beer as well as the first time using my well water that has been filter for my beer so yeah

recipe is 7lbs Wheat 4lbs Pale 2row .75 tettanager .25 Sazz 5gal

the pics are kind of small so its hard to tell. but if your seeing what i think you are i had the same thing happen with an AG batch i got from a group brew at a local brewery. i thought it was just yeast floating at the top of the fermenter. what was funny is after a while it fell and there was the usual light brown yeast stuck to the inside of the carboy at the top of the water line in a nice wide ring. i just jostled the carboy and it fell to the bottom.

Back