GABF Must have beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
People are currently stumbling out of the convention center here in Denver, still holding onto their souvenir cups more out of habit than necessity, and I think I can now start asking this question-

What are the must have beers at GABF?

This can be the ones that stood out to you at GABF if you've already been, or ones you're looking forward to.

I'm going on Saturday afternoon, and am already overwhelmed by the options. Here's my short list of beers I want to try-

• DogFish Head stuff
  • (Pro-Am)olllllo(Rob Fullmer)'s beer- Papago Brewing, Pear (on tap if in top 3)
  • (Pro-Am)Bokonon's barleywine
  • Kona's Wailua Wheat (passionfruit)
  • Sam Adams' Long Shot
  • Ommegang Adoration Ale

Looking for suggestions of others, and hearing what people are generally interested in :rockin:

If it's the Longshot stuff from the recent release... well, the bock was good. I wouldn't seek out the other two.

If it's the Longshot stuff from the recent release... well, the bock was good. I wouldn't seek out the other two.

If I understood correctly on another thread, the beers at GABF will be ones that are vying for inclusion in the next pack. Really no idea though.

Ah! Cool. Yeah, having the upcoming ones there would make more sense.

Based on Tweets from people who were there tonight, Black Tuesday from The Bruery is worth waiting in line for, as is just about everything from New Glarus. I'll be seeking out both on Saturday afternoon.

Based on Tweets from people who were there tonight, Black Tuesday from The Bruery is worth waiting in line for, as is just about everything from New Glarus. I'll be seeking out both on Saturday afternoon.

Added to my list.

My local brew pub took up 8 beers and I can highly reccmomend all of them. Especially their 05 barleywine, sumblin monk, and oktoberfest. It is stewarts brewing.

Give San Diego Brewing Company's IIPA Hopnotic a try. I had it last month at their brewpub and it was awesome.

I initially ordered a pliny the elder (on draft) 'cause I've never had it. A guy behind the bar told me I should give their hopnotic a try and said it was better than RR's Pliny. So I tried them side by side and I had to agree with him. They guy turned out to be the head brewer, who was a really cool guy and ended up giving me a personal tour of the place as he was brewing up another batch of Hopnotic to take to GABF this year.

Hopnotic has taken gold the past two years running for IIPA and I gotta say I hope they take it again.

Another round of people have gone by- any more suggestions?

Here is the list SWMBO and I came up with of our favorites-

* Dry Dock's Apricot Blonde - I'll be making this one next spring
* Brookyln Cuvee
* Cascade's Vlad the Imp Aler. So delicious.
* Great lakes Holy Moses White Ale
* Lazy Magnolia Nut Pecan Brown - Hopefully mine will be done by Thanksgiving.
* Bison Brewing Honey Basil
* Bootleggers Plum Riot
* The Bruery Autumn Maple
* Papago Orange Blossom
* Shorts Nicie Spicie
* Weaselboy Weasel Wheat (SWMBO liked the higher body on this)
* Trinity Old Growth

Back