Sweaty Yeast: High Temp Yeast [or Brews]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maztec

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies to Kickass for stealing his thread title in the Extract Brewing section, but this question is the one I was hoping for when I encountered it.

What, if any, yeast [or brew styles] do well at higher temperatures? Which ones create great flavors with higher temperatures? Which ones the worst? My house is a pretty steady 70F in the summer, but that really is a bit too warm. I know I can cool things down, but there are a few days when I will be out of town and without me opening windows, the house will pop up to 90-100F on a hot day, yikes! I would like to have a brew going during that time, but am afraid of the consequences. So, what yeasts or beer styles do best at higher temperatures? Or don't mind a few days gettin' a lil' toasty?

Yes, I am working on building myself a chiller, but it will not be complete for a while [still researching].

Thanks!

Back