Search Feature Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I have for years tried to use the Search feature and not once could get something I was looking for to come up? I have tried the advanced options and still no luck.

Usually I have better luck with Google. Either the Google custom search from the forum menu bar or just use regular Google and include site:homebrewtalk.com with your search terms.

If you can give an example or two that you tried with the built-in search, maybe we can figure out what went wrong or a different way to search that will work. In general though, I've found built-in forum searches (on any forum) to be relatively useless.

If I can't find what I want in the forum-specific search, I use the google custom search from the top toolbar. (or, +1 to what yermej said) That way, you can use quotes, + and- and other nifty google search things.

The search feature on the board itself is pretty primitive, but there we are.

Well I do notice sometimes I will get a 10 page thread with one of my keywords popping up. However I will also get 484 pages that they keyword doesn't exist on. I always thought I was doing it wrong but I can type in almost anything and 90% of the pages lack any reference to it. And most of the time nothing comes up at all.

I did actually read that tip Revvy! I notice I have bad luck on most forum search engines. I will for sure start using google in future!

Latest posts

Back