Dry hopping with pellet hops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iBrew

Reaction score
I used .5 oz of Spaltz in my flameout leaving .5 oz in the bag still. I used clean hands and scissors to open the bag and then put the remaining hops in a ziplock and then back in the fridge. Since they are opened, should I be flash boiling them in the hop bag before adding them to secondary to dry hop? Not sure what common protocol is for this, as I searched for it and couldn't find much. Any help is a appreciated.

no boil necessary, your beer has enough alcohol at the point of putting in the hops to deter any bad stuff really. This is a non issue but I would suggest letting them warm up so they bloom up easier before falling to the bottom when you put them in.

no boil necessary, your beer has enough alcohol at the point of putting in the hops to deter any bad stuff really. This is a non issue but I would suggest letting them warm up so they bloom up easier before falling to the bottom when you put them in.

Yep. This.

Dont boil them or add vodka or anything, just sanitize the outside of your bag and dump them directly in.

Hops are actually a preservative, don't worry too much about them infecting your beer. sanitize your hop sock and toss them bad boys in there!

Back